advice would be greatly appreciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

en fuego

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
nm

Members don't see this ad.

If you scored 30+ on the MCAT, it would be shocking if you managed not to get into any med schools. Anyone with those kind of credentials that didn't get accepted probably threw out really piss poor apps, showed no enthusiam during the interviews, or may have only applied to top tier schools. Make sure to apply to one or two osteo schools even if allo is your thing. Mainly, just stay focused on your goals, and everything should work out. If I had to give one piece of advice, it's to at least plan for the worst because you never know, but that goes for most anything.

As for MCAT - head over to the MCAT forum for the latest advice. I had a lot of success with a review course, so it seems like you're on the right track by taking one. Key for me - full length practice tests. Do as many as possible.

As for timeline - my school had premed advisors and committee that kept us on track with a suggested timeline. I'd go to them first, but if you don't have one here's my advice.

- Get your LOR's now. Professor's can take forever and giving them 3+ months to write the letters is sometimes necessary. Also, since you're taking a break from the ER, get a letter now while you're still working there.

- AMCAS. You're taking the MCAT in May, so you have plenty of time to work on your application (personal statement etc) afterwards. I would focus on MCAT now and save the PS etc until you're finished. If you get your primary application in by July 1st, you're still considered very very early (unless you're applying TX TMDSAS schools). I think if you're complete everywhere (LOR and secondaries) by September 1st, you're still in the early boat. Meet those deadlines and you're fine. The hardest part for me was staying on top of secondaries. Try to have a turn-around time of less than 2 weeks so they don't build up too much.