Advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bj

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I've been reading everyone's comments and experiences while applying to dental school and to be honest I'm a little nervous. My grades aren't super but I thought I had a chance so I'm giving it a go. I learned not to put all my eggs into one basket so I'm looking at other options too. Do you think this is deviating from my ultimate goal? Or should I just stick to my goal of getting into dental school? I was thinking of applying for dental hygiene or grad school, because I don't want the years to go by and have nothing to show except for a BSc. Some friends of mine have said that I should just stick to one thing. What do you think?

Lots of people seem to have applied to Meharry and Howard. I haven't. Are the chances there any better? Is it too late at this point to apply there? I just mailed my apps at the beginning of this month and haven't heard anything.

(sorry this is so long)
Thanks
b

Members don't see this ad.

Hey b,
Don't worry...I'm kinda in the same boat as you...my stats aren't so super, but I applied just the same...it's something I really want to do...in the meantime while waiting for the schools, think of some backup things you can do if there is that chance you don't get in...remember, life goes on...I got two rejection letters already (Tufts and Columbia) and that's all I've heard from schools so far...I haven't given up hope though...I know ultimately I won't lose my ambition, so things will work out...whenever they do. Just remember to hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

------------------

thanks for the advice. Can i ask what other options you're considering if you don't get in? (if any)

In the meantime, I'm looking into and planning on appying to med schools in the caribbean. I even would consider taking the LSAT later on if I had to...just gotta keep going...if you have any suggestions, please let me know...thanks
smile.gif

Seema

------------------