Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peeweee

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am 30 yrs. old, former engineer, who is currently finishing up an MBA program. I took the MCAT last August and got a 35. However, my undergrad. GPA was only a 2.8.

I applied to four schools in late december, and have only received one rejection so far.

I was just wondering whether anyone had an idea of the acceptance stats. for older medical applicants like myself. Right now, I'm not sure whether I should bother pursuing medical school further.

Any insight would be helpful. I've enjoyed browsing some of the threads on this sight.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

That is a really great MCAT score, but you might want to take another class to bring up your GPA a little. Don't give up though my MCAT scores were not that good, but my GPA was pretty high & I got interviewed at every place I applied (and so far all acceptances).

I am 28 & suggest to only give it up if you don't think it is your true passion. I didn't always want to be a physician but as life would have it I now know that I want to do it until the day I die. It's really more than a life style than a career choice.

Try applying at Case Western. I believe they have the highest average age around (26). They take lots of non-trad students.