Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mulan Hua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question regarding the MCAT. I am trying to study for it currently, but I have no idea how to start. Many people I have talked to said that the courses do not help, so I didn't take it. Is there a way I can study to understand the concepts more? I thought that by reading more journals will help, but I am not too sure :confused:. Do I need to memorize any equations? Do I need to understand all science material concepts? Maybe I am just thinking to complex of this. I would at least like to score in the 40s. Thank you all for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have a question regarding the MCAT. I am trying to study for it currently, but I have no idea how to start. Many people I have talked to said that the courses do not help, so I didn't take it. Is there a way I can study to understand the concepts more? I thought that by reading more journals will help, but I am not too sure :confused:. Do I need to memorize any equations? Do I need to understand all science material concepts? Maybe I am just thinking to complex of this. I would at least like to score in the high 40s. Thank you all for your time.

high 40s? like a 49? bon chance, mon frere. I got a 52, but then again I don't exist.

How to start/? Take a practice test and start reading an MCAT prep book. I didn't take a course, and I just went to barnes' and noble and read the same section in 3 different prep books, and found an appropriate textbook if I still wasn't comfortable. Knock out the sections you are weakest on first.

I think that you need to realize how people get in the 40s. It's not wrong to want up there, but be reasonable as well.

Maybe the OP means like he score where they convert your writing sample letter to a number and factor it in, to give a score on some totally weird scale? That's the only way a score in the "high forties" on the MCAT is even theoretically possible.