SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

advices or suggestions are very welcome

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ray22, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Ray22

Ray22 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Hi all,
    i am going to start a master degree in order to improve my chance to enter med school. and i need some advices or suggestions from you guys.
    Is it better to pursue a science master degree or it does not matter as long as i get grood grades. What would be better
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. MD Dreams

MD Dreams Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2001
    I would think that a masters degree in the sciences would be your best bet. Although interesting, a masters degree in western philosophy may not convince the admission committee that you can hack the science courses. Do remember, however, that a masters degree will help you in getting into med school IF you do well, but on the other hand, it may also hurst you IF you do not do well -- it's kind of a gamble. A lot of folks who go into masters programs are those wanting to pursue a career in research, they are very different in personality and ambitions to those wanting to do patient care, and some of them are very intelligent and science minded. Therefore, you will be competing with these types of folks. I don't want to scare you off, but I just want you to be aware of what may be ahead. I wish you the very best!