Advise for part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

movingon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am currently in a GPR program and have taking the part 2 three times without success. I keep getting a score range of 73-74...any advise as to how to get over the hump??? Thanks:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Practice tests(look on ebay),kaplan book for a general overview, and decks. Give yourself a good three to four months to review all that material and you should be fine. Try doing the decks twice. I went over the decks once and then the second time I went over the cards that I missed. I read the kaplan part II book twice(while taking good notes)and went over the practice tests once. I passed with this plan and it worked out. I would suggest going over the most current back exam first before you start just to get yourself freshly focused on whats important. They seem to test on the same thing with little variation. Just be ready to pass the exam because they started the new rule this year that if you fail the exam three times within a calendar year you must wait an entire year before you can take the exam again.

Practice tests(look on ebay),kaplan book for a general overview, and decks. Give yourself a good three to four months to review all that material and you should be fine. Try doing the decks twice. I went over the decks once and then the second time I went over the cards that I missed. I read the kaplan part II book twice(while taking good notes)and went over the practice tests once. I passed with this plan and it worked out. I would suggest going over the most current back exam first before you start just to get yourself freshly focused on whats important. They seem to test on the same thing with little variation. Just be ready to pass the exam because they started the new rule this year that if you fail the exam three times within a calendar year you must wait an entire year before you can take the exam again.

Thank you.....:)

Did you study for the 2nd and third time? and if you did how long did you study for? The reaso i am asking is b/c i took it in april and got 73, so want to get an idea of what to do differently. I didnt study that much for the first time. Also what is the difference in terms of questions you got right to have that one point difference? Someone told me 1 point is roughly 5 questions. Thanks aand good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys, I am currently in a GPR program and have taking the part 2 three times without success. I keep getting a score range of 73-74...any advise as to how to get over the hump??? Thanks:confused:
How did you get into a GPR without graduating from dental school? You can't graduate or get a license without passing the NBDE.

How did you get into a GPR without graduating from dental school? You can't graduate or get a license without passing the NBDE.

I figured you would have something smart to say...... Not everything is black and white....show a little compassion....when you respond....not everyone is perfect....

I figured you would have something smart to say...... Not everything is black and white....show a little compassion....when you respond....not everyone is perfect....
What in the world?

You did something that I had thought wasn't possible. I asked how you did it and explained why I was curious. If you don't want to answer because you think I'm a jerk, that's fine--but I never said anything about anyone being perfect, and I don't think my question was particularly smartassed.

Anyway, I guess I retract the question. Never mind.

I just have a Q as to how did you got into GPR program, By just passing part-1, and where is that program just share this query please if you don't mind.
Thanks.

I just have a Q as to how did you got into GPR program, By just passing part-1, and where is that program just share this query please if you don't mind.
Thanks.

You have to go through PASS..... Most programs only require you to pass part I to apply......check the ADA website....

[ hello everyone very angry we are hear to help eachother to achive the goal to past the test please focus in the test . I hear many of the students last year have the test question for the profesor their schools if poeple dont take that for a fact and we dont help eachother to past this test we are wasting eachaother time , please to anybody be more supportive share information as how do you study books as the new book ndb 2 mosby has is very good I consider this book the best outthere for quick review. also do you need to go and do the all I repeat the all realesed test used review materaial for any local dental school that help most poeple some boards examinier has the own webside as the oral pathology we should group on areas and came with the best plan of accion for this test what is going on as today nobady share all this inf because I kwon poeple are selfish also scared about the board confidentiality etc, please dont give any scused is poeple as the student who initaiated this forum that can used some help anything count this is also time to be greatful for the poeple who help a lot hear .......va

[ hello everyone very angry we are hear to help eachother to achive the goal to past the test please focus in the test . I hear many of the students last year have the test question for the profesor their schools if poeple dont take that for a fact and we dont help eachother to past this test we are wasting eachaother time , please to anybody be more supportive share information as how do you study books as the new book ndb 2 mosby has is very good I consider this book the best outthere for quick review. also do you need to go and do the all I repeat the all realesed test used review materaial for any local dental school that help most poeple some boards examinier has the own webside as the oral pathology we should group on areas and came with the best plan of accion for this test what is going on as today nobady share all this inf because I kwon poeple are selfish also scared about the board confidentiality etc, please dont give any scused is poeple as the student who initaiated this forum that can used some help anything count this is also time to be greatful for the poeple who help a lot hear .......va

Just out of curiosity, why would part II have any affect on his GPR? If you matched into a GPR or any other post doc program for that matter, none of them ask for passing part 2, they all require that you submit your results for part 2. I believe the reason for part 2 is for knowing if you are a competent dentist with respect to licensing....and since you are not working under your own licence when you are a resident, then you should not have a problem with your school......please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am just curious about it.
Thanks.