Advise needed: afraid to ask for a stool while pregnant and with back pain.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are not allowed to. As pharmacists, we are only allowed to order certain things that are "related to the business". If we were to try to order things like a stool, we would be written up for ordering things that they felt were not necessary and our ordering privileges may be revoked...

Please do not let my sup know this.

Members don't see this ad.

When a place calls one of your references, do they verify your references credentials? For example, from my first hospital, I have 2-3 staff pharmacists who I would put down as references. I absolutely do not trust the director of pharmacy from this place to give me a good reference (why, because I started calling out sick a lot after I gave my 4 week notice since I had unused sick time that wasn't going to be paid out. Apparently that pissed him off.)

Would a future employer try to verify that the reference I put down was really my supervisor?

ya - odds of them finding out are slim, but if they do, you will be black listed.

Just be honest, I really never use a supervisor as a reference, unless they know you are looking elsewhere. I have used coworkers all the time thou.

Members don't see this ad :)
When you start your career you might think you are setting out to change the world, but the world is far more likely to change you. So watch yourself, because no one else will.

If you work for CVS, you have a base number of hours. They are required to pay those hours if you work them or not. So this idea they reduce your hours to zero is what we call:

A BIG FAT PILE OF BULL CRAP