Aug 18, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
In my sophomore year, my friend and I shared physics hw and got caught. We received a warning and only got zero on the hw. In my first semester of a senior year, for a history class exam, I wrote down the definitions for terms exactly what the online states. So, I was charged of plagiarism and got an academic probation. I was taking that history class for Pass/Fail, so I received NP on the transcript. I graduated this year, and non of these records shows in my transcript, but remains in my internal academic record.
I know what I've done is really really bad and dumb thing to do.

As I was writing AADSAS application, I saw those questions asking to write about disciplinary actions.
And, I know that I have no chance in getting into dental schools with those records disclosed in applications.

Will dental schools find out about my internal academic records by contacting my school?
If that is the case, am I done with dental?
Will all other graduate schools (other than health fields) check my internal academic records?
If that is the case, am I done with all other graduate schools?
Will vet schools in Caribbean ask for my internal academic records?

I know it's dumb, but please give me some advice. I am in a big dilemma.....

ModifiedBass

5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2013
Status
Dentist
So are you saying you already submitted your application with lying about your student conduct record? I'd say that's pretty bad. Any school that accepts you would most likely ask your school for any disciplinary history/records and if they found out you tried to hide it they could turn down your acceptance. I remember at my Tufts interview that they said if anything like this might apply to your application that you better tell them during the interview day at some point, or else they would most likely reject you thereafter. Those disciplinary actions probably would not have kept you out of dental school, but lying about them and having the schools most likely find out without you coming clean probably could.

Oct 16, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
gg no re

arlmay

5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field], Dentist
I don't know what schools you applied to but my school had me sign a release for then to contact my previous schools about my academic misconduct record.

OP
H
Aug 18, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
So are you saying you already submitted your application with lying about your student conduct record? I'd say that's pretty bad. Any school that accepts you would most likely ask your school for any disciplinary history/records and if they found out you tried to hide it they could turn down your acceptance. I remember at my Tufts interview that they said if anything like this might apply to your application that you better tell them during the interview day at some point, or else they would most likely reject you thereafter. Those disciplinary actions probably would not have kept you out of dental school, but lying about them and having the schools most likely find out without you coming clean probably could.
I didn't apply yet...

Combine33

5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2012
Status
Dental Student
I am thinking this June, but I think I have no chance
Honesty is the best policy. I know a lot of dental/med interviewees that had worse offenses and were still interviewed and accepted. Just state what you did and make the admissions committees understand you're sorry about it in your PS.