Advise on application - early vs better MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herminator_inc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I need some advise and hoped that someone on this list could help. I have got all the pre-requisites, B.S. and MCATs to apply this year. However, my MCAT score was a combined 25 (only spent a month studying). So, I thought I would take it over in August.

A dilemma arises: do I get my application in early and get my MCAT scores to them later, or just not take the MCAT again, or do I take the MCAT again and delay my application?

Here's a little background: my undergrad GPA is not great (around 3.0). However, I do have a Masters degree with a much higher GPA. I'm a non-traditional student with lots of life experience.

I would be grateful for any advise you have to offer.

Many thanks, H

Members don't see this ad.

I think you submit your application now and retake in August. When you get your scores everything will be ready to go. You'll be a bit behind in the process, but I think a better MCAT score is worth it. My $0.02

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Wahoo07:
•I think you submit your application now and retake in August. When you get your scores everything will be ready to go. You'll be a bit behind in the process, but I think a better MCAT score is worth it. My $0.02•••••I agree w/ the above poster. He/she has given sound advice. Good luck. :)