Advise on applying to a school again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsAboutTime

Now or Never
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two questions on which I need advise from experts on this forum

1) When applying again to a school, are the candidates supposed to rewrite their essays. What if the essays submitted the first time were the best and cannot be improved on? Has anyone actually submitted the same essay again and got an interview or got accepted?

2) Has anyone got accepted to any school on second attempt especially when they received the interview first time too? I applied to only two schools this year and got interview from both (Pacific University - Jan 21st and University of Southern Nevada - Feb 15th). Though I don’t know if I will get in this year (keeping my fingers crossed :luck: ), I want to start planning ahead. I will be eligible to apply to lot more schools next year since I would have completed pre-requisites for more schools. I want to apply to both these schools again (since they have 3 year program), so need to know if it is worth applying again.

Members don't see this ad.

ItsAboutTime said:
I have two questions on which I need advise from experts on this forum

1) When applying again to a school, are the candidates supposed to rewrite their essays. What if the essays submitted the first time were the best and cannot be improved on? Has anyone actually submitted the same essay again and got an interview or got accepted?

2) Has anyone got accepted to any school on second attempt especially when they received the interview first time too? I applied to only two schools this year and got interview from both (Pacific University - Jan 21st and University of Southern Nevada - Feb 15th). Though I don’t know if I will get in this year (keeping my fingers crossed :luck: ), I want to start planning ahead. I will be eligible to apply to lot more schools next year since I would have completed pre-requisites for more schools. I want to apply to both these schools again (since they have 3 year program), so need to know if it is worth applying again.

First, congrats on the interviews. So, you must have done something right. :)
As far as the PS goes, there are plenty of people on this site that will take a look at it and offer suggestions. You may think you put forth your best essay, but other opinions can't hurt. Use the search function to find these folks and if all else fails, PM me & I'll take a look.
Good Luck.