AECOM and YeshivaVictims

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by M3dhop3ful, Jun 2, 2008.

1. M3dhop3ful

I stumbled across this site while going through the forums, anyone have any idea as to the credibility of this site? What's the other side to all the claims made? I am so very interested in AECOM I was just wondering to those who interviewed there or matriculated there, what is your opinion of this website? I always assumed that AECOM would be especially sensitive to diversity given its historical roots. Any informed opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ihatescience

I think it's best to talk with students there. It's an amazing place, but not for everyone...

4. ufgrad00

ufgrad00 Not ready to start.

I am not the best source of information about AECOM, I did interview their last cycle however.

When I applied there were many claims about AECOM that I felt were wrong, especially after I interviewed there. I don't know about the particular claims which you are referring, but I would recommend that you not take any anonymous claims made about AECOM from this forum too seriously. As stated before, AECOM is an amazing school and they take diversity of life experiences and such very seriously.

5. 154241

154241 Guest

Medical Student
    yeah, that site kind of concerned me too... but it was so out of line with everything i'd heard and seen about the med school (big on social medicine and diversity) that i decided not to let it worry me. the thing with the anatomy professor was weird, but i'll just be a little on my guard. i feel like these problems might apply more to yeshiva undergrad since it is apparently a pretty conservative place. i will be matriculating at aecom in the fall, fyi.

6. DocI

Medical Student
    What site are you all referring to? Can someone please post the link?

7. xanthomondo

xanthomondo nom nom nom
    Banned Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    It seems like the webpage was www.yeshivavictims.org

google has it cached, but if you go to the link it is just spammed with GoDaddy.com crap

maybe its just temporarily down?

8. xanthomondo

xanthomondo nom nom nom
    Banned Physician

Resident [Any Field]
  9. M3dhop3ful

Thanks for your input everyone.

I think the best thing to do is to apply, and if I am privileged with an interview, go there and investigate it for myself. It is the best approach regardless.

10. Rendar5

Attending Physician
    I go to AECOM, and will be graduating soon. This stuff seems to keep coming back every couple years. I've seen accusatory e-mails sent out to the student body 3 years ago. I won't go into details, but I think it's enough to say that no one at the school believed the e-mails to be credible, the school gave an adequate explanation to us, and we made fun of it at our skit night.

There are plenty of pros and cons for coming here. But don't let that site factor into your decision.