AEGD 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student4life01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to start a thread on AEGD only applications for the year. I am planning on applying to schools with oral surgery, endo, prostho and implant focus.
I graduated 3 years ago and have been practicing in private practices. I have done quite a few molar endos, and implants.
From experience can anyone let me know if class rank matters more than experience in my case as I was in the bottom few of my class.
Any insight is appreciated
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

hey I would like to know if an international dentist can practice after doing the two year AEGD program..

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, what made you decide to take a year off from private practice? Were there some aspects you were uncomfortable with? I'm currently doing an aegd

Just curious, what made you decide to take a year off from private practice? Were there some aspects you were uncomfortable with? I'm currently doing an aegd
Definitely. I worked for corporate and private practices. Things like periods surgeries, FMR, implant restorations, surgical wisdom teeth extraction are a few things that I would like to gain competency. Molar endo and implant placements is what I already practice but want to attain proficiency level. A prefer committing one solid year to learning from different GPs not only clinical but also business aspects so that I can start my own practice soon after. which AEGD program are you at?

hey I would like to know if an international dentist can practice after doing the two year AEGD program..
It depends on the state. You have to take nbde of course. I believe virgina allows you to practice but you have to take the necessary steps

Hello, which AEGD program are you at ?