AEGD after 3-year AF HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lulu2809

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm really interested in possibly doing an AEGD after graduation. (I know, I know, it's far off, but it's never too early.) What I am wondering is how that fits with doing a 3-year AF HPSP. (I was a selected candidate for the 4-year, but was accepted late and so now am hoping to be first in line for a 3-year this fall). While I understand the AEGD year is a neutral year, would I give three years back, or four years back? I've tried--briefly--to search for threads similar to this, but really didn't find anything.

Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

the AEGD is a neutral year so you do that after d-school and you pay back a 3 years for 3 years scholarship. But if you count the AEGD as a year in the Air Force then you will have spent 4 years total with the military.

Ohhhh okay! I was just wondering since the stuff I saw for civilians said they had to do four years after the AGED year (unless I'm interpreting wrong). Either way, thanks!

Ohhhh okay! I was just wondering since the stuff I saw for civilians said they had to do four years after the AGED year (unless I'm interpreting wrong). Either way, thanks!

Please note the AEGD year counts toward retirement and pay. The only thing it doesn't count toward is your initial Active Duty Obligation.