AEGD at EIOH, Rochester,, 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview is gonna be on Nov 12th. I have same inquiry.
I just had my interview today and I wanted to ease up things for you, so here's how it went. First, you stay in the lobby for some time until a lady comes and calls your name with some others, then you enter the clinic and she leads you to the residents room. when I entered the room there was already six people waiting for their interview. We were quiet most of the time but the coming and going residents were very nice and tried to ease things up for us. I waited for like 20 minutes after my appointment until my name was first called by the lady and another hour in the residents' room. I was interviewed first by Dr. Malmstrom the program director, he was a very nice guy, he first checked and asked me about the information he had in my file concerning the nationality, where did I study...etc. and then asked me the usual questions where do I see myself in 5 years, what's my field of interest and other general questions. Then, I waited in the residents' room for another 5 minutes and the program director assistant Dr. Yunker called me. I entered the room and there was another lady who conducted the interview with him but she asked very few questions. Dr Yunker asked me what did I do after graduating, where I ideally see myself in 5 years, my fields of interest, what other universities did I apply to and if I wanna pursue a career in research or teaching. Both of them were very nice :) I hope this was helpful, good luck with your interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did any of u guys know when they would have the candidates selected?

I just had my interview today and I wanted to ease up things for you, so here's how it went. First, you stay in the lobby for some time until a lady comes and calls your name with some others, then you enter the clinic and she leads you to the residents room. when I entered the room there was already six people waiting for their interview. We were quiet most of the time but the coming and going residents were very nice and tried to ease things up for us. I waited for like 20 minutes after my appointment until my name was first called by the lady and another hour in the residents' room. I was interviewed first by Dr. Malmstrom the program director, he was a very nice guy, he first checked and asked me about the information he had in my file concerning the nationality, where did I study...etc. and then asked me the usual questions where do I see myself in 5 years, what's my field of interest and other general questions. Then, I waited in the residents' room for another 5 minutes and the program director assistant Dr. Yunker called me. I entered the room and there was another lady who conducted the interview with him but she asked very few questions. Dr Yunker asked me what did I do after graduating, where I ideally see myself in 5 years, my fields of interest, what other universities did I apply to and if I wanna pursue a career in research or teaching. Both of them were very nice :) I hope this was helpful, good luck with your interview.
Thank you so much for the valuable information. Good luck for you.

are they done with IV's? when will they send acceptance letters?

are they done with IV's? when will they send acceptance letters?
It seems that there are no certain information to answer your question. I am also looking to know more information about your inquiry.

It seems that there are no certain information to answer your question. I am also looking to know more information about your inquiry.

I guess nobody knows! According to other different and older threads, we all have to wait until January.. I assumed, they r already done with The interviews... Good luck and I hope seen posts of acceptance here!

Reactions: 1 users
Marilyn Foy said that the selection will be made at the end of January or February! God, it's too much, this wait is killing me :(

yup Marilyn Foy said to wait till end of Feb to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a ph call. i missed it so i got voice mail. i should call back today. she said I got accepted. my interview was in oct

I am a foreign trained dentist. I got in for 3 years program, with Masters

No I didn't complete any Masters. This program is MS + AEGD. (3 years)

Yes, I applied for 3 years Masters and AEGD.

anybody else who received a call??? please post people,,,

Congrats, wish you ll the best in your career. Could you please mention your qualifications and experience ?
I did 1 year international orthodontics program at NYU, then I did post doc U michigan in orthodontics, my letter of recommendations were from my dean to state that I was one of their best graduate from my class, presidential scholarship, won 2 national research competition award from my country during dental schools, and graduation award ceremony from the president of the University. I also got very good letter of recommendation from U of Michigan faculties. I have applied for long 4 years in a row, finally, I got in one of them. Thank you GOD. Be persistent, don't give up if you didn't get accepted this year... God will answer your prayer, He just don't give it right away. He knows the right time :) Cheers!

I did 1 year international orthodontics program at NYU, then I did post doc U michigan in orthodontics, my letter of recommendations were from my dean to state that I was one of their best graduate from my class, presidential scholarship, won 2 national research competition award from my country during dental schools, and graduation award ceremony from the president of the University. I also got very good letter of recommendation from U of Michigan faculties. I have applied for long 4 years in a row, finally, I got in one of them. Thank you GOD. Be persistent, don't give up if you didn't get accepted this year... God will answer your prayer, He just don't give it right away. He knows the right time :) Cheers!
woah!!! you have a great set qualifications,,, well deserved,,, good job done

Did you have NBDE? When did you graduate?

Last edited:
did anybody call Mona fine recently? have they sent out all acceptances??

Thank you, Dentbud, Memol, AEGD2014
AEGD2014, I am sorry. I would rather not answering those questions, but I could assure you that I graduated a long time ago :) Aim high everyone. Never give up and keep trying.

I call today. They told me that they are now in the selection process and all the applicants will know their status within couple of weeks. Good luck for all

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I call today. They told me that they are now in the selection process and all the applicants will know their status within couple of weeks. Good luck for all
ok great,,, good to know,,, thanks for letting all of us know,, lets hope for the best,, fingers crossed,,, good luck to all of us,, :xf:

Good luck to all of you, friends :)

Did anybody else got a call from Mona fine for the acceptance??? m getting restless,,, :bang:

How many FTD have been selected for AEGD this year?

Last edited:
Did anybody tried contacting Mona Fine?? I called twice, no answer,,,

Did anybody tried contacting Mona Fine?? I called twice, no answer,,,
If you want a fast response you have to contact Ms.Marilyn Foy. Best wishes

Last edited:
Yes, I did.

If you want a fast response you have to contact Ms.Marilyn Foy. Best wished
Did you contact her already?? are they done with selections or still in the process,,

Do you know any information about the number of applicants who are selected for this year?