AEGD Residency program at Eastman Dental Center,Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc_neo_dent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am an Endodontist from India who got acepted to the AEGD program at Rochester. All these while I have heard only good things about the program and am very happy to be going there. But wud like to met more people who who's either currently in the program or those who have completed it for a better insight. So please help me on that aspect . it wud b great if anyone can introduce me to their friends who are at Eastman Dental Center.
So long

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I'll start the same program next June. I'm from Italy.

Hi there: I am a dentist from India. I have an interview this month for the AEGD program. What will they ask in the interview:confused: .

Decibell

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I just want to know if anyone can tell me if after the 2 years of postoctoral education in the AEGD at Rochester we are elegibles to take the NY State Board exam , or if to be able to work as a dentist we need to take the 2-year advanced standing program ? because i am not sure if only taking the AEGD program without those 2 years of advanced standing program will allow us to work as a dentist.
Thanks,
Rudy

Hi there: I am a dentist from India. I have an interview this month for the AEGD program. What will they ask in the interview:confused: .

Decibell

hi decibell ,
just wanted to know if u have done ur mds in india or just bds. curious to know since i wanna apply to the program if they take only mds or bds applicats as well. ur reply would be apperciated.

thanks

I too wanted to know what rlp has asked above . will we be allowed to practice in the US after completing AEGD.

Hello, the deaddline for this year is sept. 25th, and i will like to know if you have to send a personal statement in order to get into the program.... this is my 1st time applying for an AEGD program , i am international trained dentist,

Thanks in advance....

I know that as soon as i send my complete appl. i have to schedule the interview myself..... the deadline is sept. 25th 2009, help me pliz with the personal statement doubt.....

Anybody there? i need help ASAP... Thanks

Hello, did you have to write a personal statement?

Thanks

of course, u have to! its given on the application form wid not much space as we would need.. but of course we need to write one

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't need to send the application, the interview slots are all filled and there is no way you will be accepted without interview. Don't waste your money and your time. Try next year, apply early, then keep calling Mona Fine early august to schedule interview.

hey there i have got an interview in november. can u pls help me with that?? pls help me i dont know wat to prepare for interview??

Thanks everybody for your advice, i actually sent my application and i got an interview for december 1st, at Eastman dental center, any advice for the interview day, possible questions, etc...

Cool!! even i m interviewing on 1st dec!!
Would be good to knw u! wat are ur stats? have u booked ur flite?

Yes i have booked my flight and the hotel.... :) im taking the toefl next saturday... i will summit nbde scores if i get accepted...

i havent taken nbde as well. will also take the score after admission. toefl score is 113.
And ur gpa?

dr. fairy, any suggestions for the toefl exam? :)

have u heard about what kinds of questions they ask on the interview? iheard they r pretty short, 15 min long...

I am taking the nbde dec 7th....

Raj, all i know about the interview is that they are short, they are like 15 min long, but you can cover a lot in 15 min.... ;) where r u staying?

dr fairy, which website tho??? :S

Last edited:
Hello
Did any candidate hear from the program?

Well, the interviews aren't over yet and they will declare the 'chosen' candidates in jan end mostly!

By the way, the place is now known as the Eastman Institute for Oral Health. You may get extra points for knowing the correct name.

im interested if this prog needs to take NBDE?????????????

yes, you need the nbde, but if you get accepted, its not a requirement.

Anyone heard from Eastman Center? Seems like they have already strtd sending out letters. So any news please post in

I didnt hear from them yet ? but i guess some candidate recieved the regret letter:sleep: Who hear from them please pot in her

Did nyone frm dec 1 batch hear nythn? Pls reply

im from the dec. 1st batch... havent heard from them, i called and they told me the selection process was not over yet.... lets cross our fingers

When did u call them? Do u knw if nyone else from the dec batch gt any news?

Hi anyone,
I just want to know whether NBDE part 1 score is required to apply for for a residency program in Eastman Dental Center. I do have a masters degree from US in public health with a GPA of 3.94 and with 21/2 yrs of work experience in US in public health and GPA of 3.53 in dentistry with 3 yrs of work experience in dentistry in India

Hi anyone,
I just want to know whether NBDE part 1 score is required to apply for for a residency program in Eastman Dental Center. I do have a masters degree from US in public health with a GPA of 3.94 and with 21/2 yrs of work experience in US in public health and GPA of 3.53 in dentistry with 3 yrs of work experience in dentistry in India

can someone tell me if i can practice in US after completing the aegd program without doing the advanced standing program .
what is the fees for the program

can someone tell me if i can practice in US after completing the aegd program without doing the advanced standing program .
what is the fees for the program

well the program is pretty clear that the NY state allows you to take State License examinations to apply for a State License after completing the program, however you need a Green Card to get it, otherwise they will give you a 3 year permit to work with under served communities.

There is no tuition related to this program however there is a small stipend given to internationally trained dentists.

All this info is at their website:

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/dentistry/education/programs/advanced-ed.cfm

Someone mentioned the name change, its a pretty big deal for them people so lets get the new name in our heads. Crossing my fingers for an interview this year! They used to schedule interviews for everyone but it changed nowadays as to selected candidates to narrow the search.

Best of luck hope we meet in ROC