AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

implant10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my dear SDN Friends,
I am here opening a new thread on AEGD ROCHESTER Interview for 2011 admissions.Any body got any interview invitation?What all to expect for the interview?Any advice is deeply appreciated..do they ask any theory questions?
Thanks a lot in advance:)

Members don't see this ad.

I received email from Mona Fine stating the interview dates are September14, Oct 5, Oct 15 and Nov....they wanted me to contact Mona by email to set up my date. They also said that there are about 8 seats this year and the competition is tough !!!:(:(:(

Hello my dear SDN Friends,
I am here opening a new thread on AEGD ROCHESTER Interview for 2011 admissions.Any body got any interview invitation?What all to expect for the interview?Any advice is deeply appreciated..do they ask any theory questions?
Thanks a lot in advance:)

I received email from Mona Fine stating the interview dates are September14, Oct 5, Oct 15 and Nov....they wanted me to contact Mona by email to set up my date. They also said that there are about 8 seats this year and the competition is tough !!!:(:(:(
Hey, I'm scheduled for 26th oct-interview. Anyone going on that day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding the Recommendation letter. DO they require to fill out the form or they are accepting the sealed copy of recommendation letter.

Hey, I'm scheduled for 26th oct-interview. Anyone going on that day?
Hard luck...I'm scheduled for the last day....i.e Nov 9 at 11 am

they accept both sealed letters and their prescribed forms of recommendation letters

Good Luck for the interview.
Can u guide that after finishing AEGD program from east man institution where are the graduates eligible for licensed practice. kindly guide.

Good Luck for the interview.
Can u guide that after finishing AEGD program from east man institution where are the graduates eligible for licensed practice. kindly guide.

Thank U RKD ... honestly to answer ur question I wud not b able to completely satisfy u.. I know for sure that NY allows licensure with AEGD..I also know that 5-6 other states also allow this..but U'll have to check with ADA for the complete list. Sorry !!! :(

Hello Friends,
Did you get confirmation about the interview date by email or phone call?i emailed her..waiting for reply:(:(:(

Hello Friends,
Did you get confirmation about the interview date by email or phone call?i emailed her..waiting for reply:(:(:(

I received the interview call by my email...i guess the others received in the same way. You should call them up to find out

I am scheduled for the I/V for Oct 5th.
I am very nervous as this is going to be my first I/V.
Please share how to prepare for the same.

Does anybody knows,
  • Is Eastman interviewing everybody who applied to the program? or its a limited number which has been selected by the review committe?
  • How many people being interviewed per day?
Yesteryears there were 20-25/day so if they are interviewing for four days upto 100 people being short listed.I guess whoever from that list started calling after August got an early interview date and all the earlier slots were already taken before Ms.Fine sent out the email (its just my guess)...since I got the email after hours and called first thing in the morning...ended up gettin date for the last date too.

Good Luck to everyone...

Hello Friends,

I got email from Mona Fine advising to schedule appointment for the four days they are conducting interviews. Emailed back to request for the first available...was told slots been filled out already and than gave me a slot for the last day.

Hey Guys,

I have a question regarding the Recommendation letter. DO they require to fill out the form or they are accepting the sealed copy of recommendation letter.

I was told they should come directly from the person filling them and if I'm planning on delivering them to them - they should be sealed.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got that email on the 17th, and immediately requested to get a spot for Nov 9th, since Im currently in Argentina at a post grad program. I wont be able to make it before that. She gave me a spot for Nov. 9th, as per requested. I'm not sure if date of interview reflects on the application itself, thats quite dumb. Interviews are the strength. According t them, this year only qualified applicants will get interviews. I guess one has to get the big guns and bedazzle them in 15 mins.

Good luck all.

The impression I got from talkin to the residents at the program...they have a little separate research/CD/clinical program... where they tend to take the people who have more experience in research. People with Phds, MPh etc.

So I got that email on the 17th, and immediately requested to get a spot for Nov 9th, since Im currently in Argentina at a post grad program. I wont be able to make it before that. She gave me a spot for Nov. 9th, as per requested. I'm not sure if date of interview reflects on the application itself, thats quite dumb. Interviews are the strength. According t them, this year only qualified applicants will get interviews. I guess one has to get the big guns and bedazzle them in 15 mins.

Good luck all.

Very true...being a foreign-trained dentist and getting an interview call from there I feel u are very lucky. I'm getting ready my ammu...GL

PS: I got the email on 17th too but still Nov 9th. Ahh what can u do...she said there is not even a waiting list if any body cancels they would take u in...naaa...I tried.

Good luck all.

Wats your sepciality...if u don't mind sharing...

the day I received their email for scheduling an interview , I requested for the first day but rather got the 26th oct one. I don't know whether the applicants are screened for interview this time, if they are , it's better!

I got the interview email too, called them up and they said this year they are trying to interview as many as posible. So I think maybe almost everyone got the interview email.

Very true...being a foreign-trained dentist and getting an interview call from there I feel u are very lucky. I'm getting ready my ammu...GL

PS: I got the email on 17th too but still Nov 9th. Ahh what can u do...she said there is not even a waiting list if any body cancels they would take u in...naaa...I tried.
smiles I too have on 11/09 at 11 am.. will meet u there :)

SDN Friends,

I got Interview for Oct. 5, 10 AM. This is my second interview, first one was on Oct 2008. At that time I got accepted into the program but could not move from Ecuador to Rochester.

My advise:
1. Be your self
2. Search in the web for "Common Dental Interview Questions" they are very helpful to prepare your answers. All the questions that I got were in the web.
3. This year not everybody is getting an interview. I have 5 friends that are residents now and are very close with Mona, in 2008 they interviewed like 400 dentist and only have 8 spaces, in 2009 almost 600 applicants. This year they are selecting who they want to interview. (This is what I have been told by the residents and it is in the letter we all got thru email)
4. They try to select a group of diverse background
5. If you have experience in surgery and research that is a good point

Hope to meet the ones that are going to be there on Oct 5.

regards

I wonder how much having an Alien card helps with the admission. They all say it doesn't count but when I had applied to AEGD in Boston I was specifically asked about it. and I asked it doesn't says in the requirements why would anybody ask me about it at this time. I was told it does make difference. It was Boston ...wonder whats with Eastman?

anyone who had attanded the interview before can throw some light on the hotels/motels near rochester dental center.
thanks!

Wonder if I'm the program director what would I like to see in a resident who I'm selecting to be over here with me for next two years.

I wonder how much having an Alien card helps with the admission. They all say it doesn't count but when I had applied to AEGD in Boston I was specifically asked about it. and I asked it doesn't says in the requirements why would anybody ask me about it at this time. I was told it does make difference. It was Boston ...wonder whats with Eastman?

My best friend is at EDC at this moment as a resident, he has a regular student visa. Eastman does not require a US or resident status.

I got an email saying all the dates are full.its a first come first serve basis..if any openings come she will let me know...Then why they send interview dates?:(

They should have enough slots if they ever shortlisted the applicants. Sounds strange when they say all interview dates already taken.

Wonder if I'm the program director what would I like to see in a resident who I'm selecting to be over here with me for next two years.
I would like my resident alteast in the interview to be,
-energetic.
-confident.
-reliable.
-experienced.
-pleasant & least fussy.
-know what they are talking about.
-able to cop up with situations on their own.
-able to communicate & deliver.

I got an email saying all the dates are full.its a first come first serve basis..if any openings come she will let me know...Then why they send interview dates?:(

Mona Fine,
We are NOT short listing anyone. Your questions will be answered at the interview.

i would like my resident alteast in the interview to be,
-energetic.
-confident.
-reliable.
-experienced.
-pleasant & least fussy.
-know what they are talking about.
-able to cop up with situations on their own.
-able to communicate & deliver.

a

Last edited:
. Smiles,

The interview is very short so you better have your answers ready.
The Questions I got on my first interview:
1.- What do you think that makes you different from other candidates?
2. How do you see your self in 5 years?
3. What other schools have you applied?
4. What are the areas you feel you have the most strength?

My advice, after you answer all the questions close the interview with a brief message, this will make them remind you, just make sure it is a good message.

When did u last applied for the program?

. Smiles,

The interview is very short so you better have your answers ready.
The Questions I got on my first interview:
1.- What do you think that makes you different from other candidates?
2. How do you see your self in 5 years?
3. What other schools have you applied?
4. What are the areas you feel you have the most strength?

My advice, after you answer all the questions close the interview with a brief message, this will make them remind you, just make sure it is a good message.

Thanks so very much for your inputs. I guess so far you are the only one who have already appeared in the interview and had been accepted. Can u please elaborate on the the sequence of events on the date of the inerview?
- Like if appointment is at 8am.
-Is there a tour of facilty first?
-Do u get interviewed by more than one doctor?
-Do they inerview in a panel or separately?
-What time u get to leave?
-Can u shadow with the residents?
-also how many residents they interview a day?
If any thing else worth mentioning...

To bad!!! Hope you get lucky and somebody misses the interview...

hi.. i would like to know is Uni of rechester accredited? I am also interested in AGED program.. i think dead lines are 1st october right?

but pl do let me know most importantly that can we be able to give license exam later and practice dentistry in USA???

reply asap... :)

hi.. i would like to know is Uni of rechester accredited? I am also interested in AGED program.. i think dead lines are 1st october right?

but pl do let me know most importantly that can we be able to give license exam later and practice dentistry in USA???

reply asap... :)

Yes, U of Rochester is an ADA accredited University, and yes, once you end the 2 yr AEGD program you are eligible for the Boards. The only bad news is that the deadline was August 01 for the program starting in 2011 and all the interviews dates are full!!!

Good Luck!!!

Does anyone know any hotel close to the school? I got an interview on 0ct 26.
Thank you!

I am scheduled for the I/V for Oct 5th.
I am very nervous as this is going to be my first I/V.
Please share how to prepare for the same.

Softtoy33,

Where are you from? we will meet on the day of the interview, good luck:thumbup:

Does anyone know any hotel close to the school? I got an interview on 0ct 26.
Thank you!

Go on to google earth, you will find many. I know a best western on henrietta.

regards

i am just curious how many seats do they have for AGED, PROSTHO AND ORTHO?

how they consider for interview? i mean they dont have a requirement for NBDE than what other factors has importance on our profile for getting interviewed?

i am just curious how many seats do they have for AGED, PROSTHO AND ORTHO?

how they consider for interview? i mean they dont have a requirement for NBDE than what other factors has importance on our profile for getting interviewed?

Only for first hand authentic info call Marilyn Foy (585-275-8315)

Dear friends,

I have a question. I applied to rochester and my application reached there on aug 23. From the post I can see that all the interview dates at rochester are already full. Does that mean that I do not stand any chance to get interviewed at Rochester. I am worried, I called in office also but they did not pick up the call. I will appreciate if somebody had an insight and could answer my question.

Thank you.
I feel u r unlucky in a sense that the deadline is sept 1st....and when I went in to submit my application I was told to wait till sept 1st to hear from them....there will be a committee which will review applicants and than interview will be sent out for the short listed ones... apparently they never waited even until the deadline to start calling for interviews. and yes its true all the slots have already been filled.

Last edited: