AF Residencies at Bethesda?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barcu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I've read a bit about the new tri-service hospital in Bethesda, but I haven't been able to find too much about how this affects residencies.

I'm AF HPSP and still have a number of years before residency. Is there any plan to create AF residency spots at the new hospital? I know that due to timing and the current AF budget, that may be wishful thinking, but I am wondering if anyone has any info either way.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all.

I've read a bit about the new tri-service hospital in Bethesda, but I haven't been able to find too much about how this affects residencies.

I'm AF HPSP and still have a number of years before residency. Is there any plan to create AF residency spots at the new hospital? I know that due to timing and the current AF budget, that may be wishful thinking, but I am wondering if anyone has any info either way.

There are a few Air Force residents at Bethesda/WRAMC already. Officially, their orders say that they are assigned to Malcolm Grow, but they spend no time there at all, and are in the rotation pool with the other Army/Navy residents in their programs.