• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Afferent and efferent arterioles

shefv

Feb 4, 2015
  1. Pre-Medical
    Is the blood leaving the glomerulus through the efferent arterioles more concentrated than the blood tat came in through the afferent arterioles?

I am confused because I am thinking that fluids passed through into the bowman's capsule, so there must be less fluid left in the efferent arterioles and more large proteins but since urea, ions, glucose and other waste products also passed through into the bowman's capsule.

So how can we compare and think about the concentrations of blood in the afferent versus efferent arterioles?

Nanuq

Jun 19, 2015
    1. Pharmacy Student
      Is the blood leaving the glomerulus through the efferent arterioles more concentrated than the blood tat came in through the afferent arterioles?

I am confused because I am thinking that fluids passed through into the bowman's capsule, so there must be less fluid left in the efferent arterioles and more large proteins but since urea, ions, glucose and other waste products also passed through into the bowman's capsule.

So how can we compare and think about the concentrations of blood in the afferent versus efferent arterioles?

I think it could depend on diuresis/retention as well as secretion/reabsorption of ions. I seriously doubt that this is required information because it's extremely variable.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.