Quantcast

Affordable place to stay while interviewing at UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSFpharmgirl8

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi you guys....

Just want to let you guys know of a "good" convenient place to stay while interviewing in San Francisco. Carl Hotel...198 Carl street, SF 94117. There # is 415-661-1544. The rooms are small...but your hardly in your room. The people treated me nice when I interviewed two years ago. Inform them that you are interviewing and they "might" give you a discount...I got $10 dollars off. The hotel is walkind distance...but you could also take the Muni. I hope this helps. Also if any of you guys have any questions about UCSF...just e-mail me and if you want to sit in a class...also just let me know. Congratulations to all of you who have interviews...whether it's for UCSF, USC or any other pharmacy schools.

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

do you know when they will start sending out interview invites? i am hoping it will be soon... thanks for the info.

neonam11

Hey, Baby!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Invitation letters to interview at UCSF usually arrive in the mail a couple of days before Christmas. If you get a thin envelope, don't start stressing yet. Last year, all they sent us was a sheet congratulating us that we made it thus far and a confirmation code where we can go to their website to confirm that we intend to attend the interview date OSACA assigns us. Yeah, I would advise you to attend one of the classes the second years have to take during winter quarter, not unless you want to sit in with the first years. Next quarter, we have biochem, o-chem, p-chem, histology, pharmacy law, and pharmacy practice, so if you are interested in rehashing your chemistry knowledge base, the second year's courses might be more exciting. Good luck to all, and you might see UCDbiochem and me in one of your interview sessions giving tours or answering your questions. Pharmgirl should be around too. :D

ucdbiochem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah, i'll be there for questions. i look forward to seeing y'all!!