After 3rd year of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhoebusX

DonJuan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a better option to have your senior clerkship somewhere else? I am going to be 1st year this June 2007 at Xavier University Jose P. Rizal College of Medicine - Ateneo de Cagayan. I plan to practice medicine outside the Philippines like in the States or in Europe. What are the guidelines? Do I have to spend my senior clerkship/PGI somewhere? And if I intend to be a resident outside the Philippines, do I have to make early preparations? early as 1st year of medicine?

Members don't see this ad.

to have your clerkship outside of the philippines would depend if your school has such a policy. Only fatima and UE has such policies that i know of. I don't know about the rest.

Internship is a philippine board requirement. You will not need it if you plan to practice elsewhere.

ask your college/university if they allow clerkship in the US or if they have affiliations with hospitals in the US and allows clerkship there.

Is there a better option to have your senior clerkship somewhere else? I am going to be 1st year this June 2007 at Xavier University Jose P. Rizal College of Medicine - Ateneo de Cagayan. I plan to practice medicine outside the Philippines like in the States or in Europe. What are the guidelines? Do I have to spend my senior clerkship/PGI somewhere? And if I intend to be a resident outside the Philippines, do I have to make early preparations? early as 1st year of medicine?

You can start preparing for the USMLE Step1 after your 2nd year of medical school.

Ask your school registrar or dean's office on their policies regarding outside rotations. Very few schools allow this.