After 4yrs and 3 tries, I'm finally in!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Weebs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
U. Virginia accepted me this week! I could hardly believe it. I got the letter in the mail a week after my interview. Time to drink...

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Weebs said:
U. Virginia accepted me this week! I could hardly believe it. I got the letter in the mail a week after my interview. Time to drink...

I hope that I'm the first post. Congratulations, you're going to be a DOCTOR! How does it feel? Best of luck.

~Ashanti

Dr. Weebs said:

Wow.

4 years = a lot of patience and trying moments.

Excellent.

You also have some really impressive credentials and statistics in your MDapplicant file too :thumbup:

God speed you safe and sound

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! UVA is a fantastic school - it is one of my top choices at the moment. :D

big congrats to you. must be an awesome feeling.

Excellent job, congrats. However, as a word of advice, make sure you work your ass off in med school. Not to say that the application process is fair or that it guages how well you will do, but you didn't make it four times in a row, so there may be some reason why med schools were turned off. Study early, study hard, and do well in everything, don't let up. Show them that underdogs can do just as well, and they'll let more people who didn't make it the first time in. Good luck. Congrats again.

sscooterguy

Congratulations to you! I'm surprised you didn't get in the first time round (especially with a 3.6 and 33).

Go and out and celebrate... you've definitely earned it!

sscooterguy said:
Excellent job, congrats. However, as a word of advice, make sure you work your ass off in med school. Not to say that the application process is fair or that it guages how well you will do, but you didn't make it four times in a row, so there may be some reason why med schools were turned off. Study early, study hard, and do well in everything, don't let up. Show them that underdogs can do just as well, and they'll let more people who didn't make it the first time in. Good luck. Congrats again.

sscooterguy

Dude, the op has a 3.6 and a 33; he can't be that dumb. Don't assume that school is going to be harder for him than it is for anyone else... what if he got rejected for other reasons like being a freak who doesn't interview well, or having some weird body fungus or something? Maybe he got rejected because all he wears is pastel plaid clothing with popped collars. You don't know, so don't assume.

Congratulations! Your continued perseverance will really pay off in medical school, I'm sure! I happy for you that you finally got in.

silas2642 said:
Dude, the op has a 3.6 and a 33; he can't be that dumb. Don't assume that school is going to be harder for him than it is for anyone else... what if he got rejected for other reasons like being a freak who doesn't interview well, or having some weird body fungus or something? Maybe he got rejected because all he wears is pastel plaid clothing with popped collars. You don't know, so don't assume.

:laugh:

now he's crying in his room because you called him out on the fungus

Dr. Weebs said:

Congrats! You are going to have a great time in Charlottesville! Its one of my favorite places visit. Go Wahoos! :)

Doko said:
Congratulations to you! I'm surprised you didn't get in the first time round (especially with a 3.6 and 33).

Go and out and celebrate... you've definitely earned it!

Yea.. I had a 3.73 and a 28 the first time I applied. I also didn't have all of those EC's... so I got my MCAT up, and applied the 2nd time just as I was barely getting some health care experience, and didn't apply to many schools (bc I took the August MCAT). Now, my resume is finally where it should've been the 1st time I applied... I was just too immature and short-sighted to know. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Hell Yea-uh!

Congrats Dr Weebs!

congratulations! great perseverance!

Dr. Weebs said:
Yea.. I had a 3.73 and a 28 the first time I applied. I also didn't have all of those EC's... so I got my MCAT up, and applied the 2nd time just as I was barely getting some health care experience, and didn't apply to many schools (bc I took the August MCAT). Now, my resume is finally where it should've been the 1st time I applied... I was just too immature and short-sighted to know. Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

So you weren't rejected because of a weird fungus? Oops. Sorry, man.

Congrats, Dr. Weebs! That is wonderful and gives hope to all of us SDNers.

best wishes.

angel

Congratulations. Way to keep at it. You're an inspiration. :thumbup:

Congrats on the acceptance! Hard work does pay off, and I must say, impressive MCAT this time around!

I also didn't get in last year, but I am this year! I in no way had to do another year on top of that, like you did.. so congrats and best of luck!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* And Good Luck