After acceptance how long do you have to give a "yes/no?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emericana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as the title says.

I am currently in the process of studying for the MCAT to apply to pod schools.

However, I have already taken the GRE, and my score is above the average for accepted students at Temple.

I was thinking about applying to Temple now and submitting my GRE scores and then submit my MCAT scores to the other schools once I finish taking this monster.

My other stats are really good and after talking to admissions at temple I think I have a very good chance of getting in.

How long after acceptance do schools usually give you to say yes/no to them? The other school I was really interested in is Chicago (because I want to do research also.. DPM/PhD really appeals to me) ... Do you have like months (until June) or do the schools want an answer within a few weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Just as the title says.

I am currently in the process of studying for the MCAT to apply to pod schools.

However, I have already taken the GRE, and my score is above the average for accepted students at Temple.

I was thinking about applying to Temple now and submitting my GRE scores and then submit my MCAT scores to the other schools once I finish taking this monster.

My other stats are really good and after talking to admissions at temple I think I have a very good chance of getting in.

How long after acceptance do schools usually give you to say yes/no to them? The other school I was really interested in is Chicago (because I want to do research also.. DPM/PhD really appeals to me) ... Do you have like months (until June) or do the schools want an answer within a few weeks?

usually a month. If your stats are competitive wait until you get the MCAT taken care of to apply. That way you can arrange more interviews back to back. Good luck