1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

After Admission

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Dentalstu02, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member
    7+ Year Member

I have just graduated with a B.S. from my undergraduate University. I have been accepted to Temple and BU. On my application I put that I would take two science classes during this year off. They are not required, as I have already graduated. Temple sent me a full acceptance. Now that I have this acceptance, does anyone know if I still am required to take the two classes? I am just wondering, and I wanted to ask here b4 I call them. Its no big deal if I have to, just figure I could save the money.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    There were 3 academic quarters in an academic year in the Post-Bac. program that I was in last year. In mid March when I had just registered for Spring Quarter classes, I was accepted to dental schools for the next Fall. I called the dental schools and confirmed with them that was OK to drop my Spring Quarter classes since I received "full" acceptances from them. The dental schools said that's fine, I don't need those courses and they sure don't need those courses to further evaluate me so I dropped them all and withdrew from that school! I saved myself $9000 in loans when my Post-Bac. school refunded me my money!

Call your dental schools and confirm and then drop them all! Have a great break and earn some $$ before next year!! Oh yes, start to collect teeth you guys!!! Whether your school requires you to do that as the first assignment or not, start to collect teeth anyway. You'll be the MAN or WOMAN of your class for Dental Anatomy course, Endo, and your upper classmen will be your best friends because they always need good teeth!

:cool:

4. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the info! Ill try doing that. If anyone else has any information please let me know. Thanks

5. PashaJ

PashaJ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How do we start collecting teeth? Anything else we should do?

BTW- Is the comment regarding "Amit and Salil" appropriate?

6. Dr. Kulkarni

Dr. Kulkarni Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentalstu02,

I know of an individual who did not finish his classes that he had on his AADSAS. Make sure you contact the school and settle the problem.

Also, your comment about 'fags' was definitely not appropriate. It's fine if you're messing around but other individuals on this forum who may not be heterosexual may take offense to your comment. One of my best friends is homosexual so watch what you say in the future. I'm sure the guys that you're talking about get a hell of a lot more girls than you do.

I sure hope that you're not my classmate.

- natasha k.

7. Dentalstu02

Dentalstu02 Member
    7+ Year Member

It was a joke. No, I hope your not my classmate.