After August MCAT, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
V

Vegeta

Hello.
smile.gif
I would greatly appreciate your responses concerning how you perceive my chances for admission into a Medical School in New York for the entering class of 2000. I have just received my August 1999 MCAT scores which were: 8V, 10P, 9B, Q, and I'm satisfied with this at the moment. My GPA after three years and 105 credits at a well-known private Catholic university is 3.70 and I'm double-minoring in interesting areas. Given the fact that my personal statement is very convincing and articulate, and my letters of recommendation are encouraging, with adequate extracurricular activities, how do you think I'll fare for admission into a NY Med School? I know that I've already missed potential interview spots due to the delayed August MCAT results, but I think my chances are still promising. Any input?

Members don't see this ad.

Your chances are reasonable. Be sure to apply to several though. NEVER hinge your hopes on 1 school.

------------------
Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
http://www.medicalstudent.net

Thank you, Dr. Henderson. Many visitors to this site and others would overlook or refrain from offering some constructive suggestions to students that are in need of some sort of consolation for their hard work, but the truth of the matter is that just one supportive sentence means a lot. So thank you again. Hopefully I never have to take the MCAT again... keeping my fingers crossed. P.S. For students that have just received their August MCAT scores, any input with regard to how long it would take for Medical Schools to begin issuing status reports on their now completed applications?