After finishing content review, how do you spend 6-hour study days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbsdrinkingwhale

just a whale
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an example breakdown of a 4-6hr day. It's easy to review content for 6 hours... not sure what to do now?

Put another way, how does one do practice problems for 6 hours

Members don't see this ad.

Day 1: FL
Day 2: Write down correct & incorrect answers while also writing down the topic(~6 hours) + CARS
Day 3: Review the list of topics you need to improve on(Use KA) + CARS
Day 4: Finish reviewing the list of topics & make a quick-sheet with all of the things you learned from the review and the FL.(Ex: Prescriptive refers to what people believe should happen while Descriptive refers to what people actually will happen.) + CARS
Day5: Another FL(and keep repeating)

Reactions: 1 user
Day 1: FL
Day 2: Write down correct & incorrect answers while also writing down the topic(~6 hours) + CARS
Day 3: Review the list of topics you need to improve on(Use KA) + CARS
Day 4: Finish reviewing the list of topics & make a quick-sheet with all of the things you learned from the review and the FL.(Ex: Prescriptive refers to what people believe should happen while Descriptive refers to what people actually will happen.) + CARS
Day5: Another FL(and keep repeating)

I know that have seemed simple to write but this really helped me. Thank you!

6 hours seems really brief for covering all the correct and incorrect answers to a full length. I typically did at least 10 to 12 hours going through the questions per full length.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that have seemed simple to write but this really helped me. Thank you!

No problem man, i was just in this position a few weeks ago. I finished content pretty early and thought this portion would be easy and really lagged on it, and had a hard time filling my days. Always start your non study days with some CARS, and when you're tired of correcting stuff go through the 300 page P/S document i enjoyed learning about that stuff. Later when your closer to your date i would advise going through the MCAT outline and review all of the topics you can't immediate come up with an explanation after seeing it.(Ex: Seeing the topic Nuclear Excision Repair you should say in your mind "This happens during normal cell life and is a mechanism to correct for DNA damage, but is different from DNA mismatch repair that occurs only during DNA replication". If you can't atleast say a sentence for each topic review it!

Do you recommend to jump immediately into FL right after content review? or should we gradually increase the stamina by doing in one or more sections at a time??

One thing I worry about starting FL too early is burning out. Not sure to do 1 FL completely, or rather break it into 2-3 sittings just to get the feeling of the test first.

Do you recommend to jump immediately into FL right after content review? or should we gradually increase the stamina by doing in one or more sections at a time??

One thing I worry about starting FL too early is burning out. Not sure to do 1 FL completely, or rather break it into 2-3 sittings just to get the feeling of the test first.

I would dive into a practice exam as soon as you can after content review just to get a baseline of where you're at. Evidently, as much as you feel prepared with content review, the exam is also testing your ability to think critically. Start doing passage-based practice as soon as possible as well.

I would dive into a practice exam as soon as you can after content review just to get a baseline of where you're at. Evidently, as much as you feel prepared with content review, the exam is also testing your ability to think critically. Start doing passage-based practice as soon as possible as well.
Thanks. Do you think starting to drill for passages 3 months before the exam is sufficient? Not going for "FL every other day" intensity, but a handful of passages per day plus review?

Thanks. Do you think starting to drill for passages 3 months before the exam is sufficient? Not going for "FL every other day" intensity, but a handful of passages per day plus review?

Practice for more than 3 months is more than enough. Be careful though, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is running out of materials before your exam date. It happened to me for CARS and i lost my mojo fast.