after it's over... what are you going to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jintonic5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
let's all think happy thoughts... april 16 is about 1.5 weeks away, and i know that i'm tired and stressed and kind of depressed by the thought of the test. however, i think it's important to keep in mind that live goes ON after the mcat, even if it doesn't feel like it!

so with that in mind, feel free to post what your plans are for the night of the 16th, and the time period after youve taken the exam :D

me, i'm going to go home, sleep for a couple of hours, go out with some friends and kill a couple of bottles of wine... and then figure out when to go visit the boyfriend :p

Members don't see this ad.

start studying for the August mcat lol

:scared: :scared:

Smoke a fatty cigar and not worry about anything medically related until April 20...or maybe april 21 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, I actually have a project due that week that I've been putting off all semester until after the MCAT. Fun. TIESTO.

first off, attempt to get rid of my severe migraine.... Then, start working on my personal statement and deciding what schools to apply to. Next comes graduation and a year of partying until med school!!

I'm taking it on Sunday 4/17. After the test I'm planning on going home, taking a shower and just basically trying to clear my mind, and then go out to dinner with my husband. Monday we're going to go hiking, hopefully camping assuming the weather is okay. If the weather is bad probably go to a museum or the zoo (don't tell my mother; she thinks zoos are evil :p). I just want to chill out and do a lot of things that are relaxing and fun.

Of course after that I have to work on my personal statement, bug my pre-med committee to actually pay attention to me, and find a job! Oh, and clean the apartment, which I've been neglecting to do (with the MCAT as the excuse :D)

After I write the MCAT, I'll probably cancel my score!!!

PKP719 --- Love the Avatar!

GaryM said:
After I write the MCAT, I'll probably cancel my score!!!

PKP719 --- Love the Avatar!

thanks , :thumbup:

But seriously , I think I will go out and party at some night club in nyc . Then back to crap load of work for me. I have a senior design project to hand in ..and finals around the corner. Ughh ..Mcats ruined my spring semester pimp game .. :thumbdown:

The kids in my kaplan class organized the MCAT bar crawl for all of us taking it and those close to us whose lives that it ruined as well....should be a good night of bar hopping and drunkeness

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I got people jumping on the August MCAT band wagon already ..

I am going to the beach!!! God it is so hard to concentrate on studying when it is so beautiful outside....

Going to clean my apartment before it's declared a disaster area!

Then go drinking.........

Then after a week of rest and soul-searching, start all over again for August....(probably)

It ain't over till it's over........ :p

I've also decided that after my big fatty cigar, i'm gonna go to either saltgrass, texas roadhouse, or outback and get the biggest steak they have and indulge. 10 days to go

jintonic5 said:
let's all think happy thoughts... april 16 is about 1.5 weeks away, and i know that i'm tired and stressed and kind of depressed by the thought of the test. however, i think it's important to keep in mind that live goes ON after the mcat, even if it doesn't feel like it!

so with that in mind, feel free to post what your plans are for the night of the 16th, and the time period after youve taken the exam :D

me, i'm going to go home, sleep for a couple of hours, go out with some friends and kill a couple of bottles of wine... and then figure out when to go visit the boyfriend :p

jintonic5, i'm going to treat you to our group's monthly lobster-night. :p:thumbup:

*snickersnicker* sorry, its an inside joke... g'luck you guys! :laugh:

my plan: go to sleep for a few hours, then drink some, then the next day, start work on my biochem research paper. the fun never ends.

Since the test site is a 5 minute walk from home, I'll probably just go home, unwind, talk to my best friend about the test and go to sleep early. The next day (I'm really hoping it's a beautiful day), I'll go and work on getting rid of my severely pasty complexion by doing some reading at the Lake.

My biggest goal for the next few weeks is to shave off the extra couple of pounds I put on due to stress. :( But it'll be a fun goal...not like memorizing pathways, formulas, and other various and sundry minutiae. :)

Probably hit the town after the MCAT itself, but unfortunately, 5 midterms over the next two weeks makes Jack a dull boy... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

PRAY VERY HARD that I did well!!!! Then I'm going to start work on Comprehensive Exams...... Life as a PhD too! :love:

Oooh, jello shots in the parking lot sounds fun :D

All I know is Saturday night some bar is going to be very happy when I sign my tab.

oh, man, it seems the fates have determined there to be no end to this man's disheartening term of academic and pre-medical servitude... The gods of academia have "blessed" me with a biochemistry II exam covering lipid, amino acid, and nucleic acid metabolism, a modern philosophy midterm, and a paper for my western civilizations class in the few days after the MCAT... (this is in addition to 2 exams i have the week of the MCAT and work obligations). what gives?

Needless to say, the weekend AFTER the MCAT will entail lots of drinking... okay, my 5 minute pitty party has ended. back to studying. good luck all and i hope to see you on the other side! :)

Terpskins99 said:
jintonic5, i'm going to treat you to our group's monthly lobster-night. :p:thumbup:

*snickersnicker* sorry, its an inside joke... g'luck you guys! :laugh:

hahaha they better be AT LEAST 2 pounders ;) seafood and a crisp glass of pinot... yummmmmm!

Lt. Col. Frank Slade: I want it wall to wall John Daniels.
Charlie Simms: Don't you mean Jack, sir?
Lt. Col. Frank Slade: He may be Jack to you but when you've known him as long as I have...

Who-ahhhh

Although my subconscious is wondering if I should wait until august (i know, that is SOOOO bad - ill shake it by the weekend), once I take the april test I'm going out with the girls from work (i graduated in 2002). One got into med school (and is patiently waiting on three wait lists), another is deciding between two med schools, and my future roommate just got into Penn's accelerated BSN program. They have all been having incredible luck and I'm hoping my company with them will bring me the same.

And then May 1st I start studying for August too... :scared:

My girl.... over and over and over and over and over......Then go clubbing and get wasted....come home to my girl and do her over and over and over and over

Don't fool yourselves; you'll all go home and cry until about 8pm, then you'll start studying for August. Good luck :rolleyes:

Manyak222 said:
My girl.... over and over and over and over and over......Then go clubbing and get wasted....come home to my girl and do her over and over and over and over
:laugh:

willthatsall said:
Don't fool yourselves; you'll all go home and cry until about 8pm, then you'll start studying for August. Good luck :rolleyes:

forreal .. nailed it on the money

I will probably cry from relief and leftover anxiety, and then stop for dinner, and also at Coldstone Creamery on my way home to buy a pint of ice cream, and then I'm going to veg out in front of the t.v. I will likely be in too foul a mood to go out and be any fun.

Don't be so negative. I am gonna have two exams and a paper due Monday followed by a rush of finals after that but it won't stop me from celebrating. We are gonna have an MCAT partay and no matter what will happen in the MCAT test room, my life is still gonna be beautiful after that test.
willthatsall said:

What am I going to do?

After the test, I am going to drive over to AAMC headquarters, find the people who makes these exams, take a large long object, sharpern it, polish it, and stick it .......

Ill leave the rest to your imagination.

ouch!

i was just planning on getting absolutely HAMMERED (the way my jesuit alma mater taught me) with some of my closest friends that i havent seen in what seems like ages b/c of this exam!

...and then attend my sister's baby shower the next morning, hungover!

o, i can't wait!

I'm going to bring a pair of running shoes and go for a nice long run along the lake right after the test. I did that after my most recent practice exam -- great way to burn off the residual stress and anxiety. I expect I'll employ a similar technique frequently in med school.

That night I'll have a salmon dinner at one of the finest restaurants in town.