Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Its gonna be weird having so much stress off my shoulders and all the freetime. I'll have to find something else to occupy all my time with (freetime is the devils plaything). Maybe, i will take up binge drinking? Your thoughts?

Shades McCool

Kal-el
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2002
Birmingham, Alabama
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I know that I am going to spend a lot of time outside in the hot Alabama sun fishing and hanging out with the ladies. Man its going to be great.

farley is god

Empty Tank.
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
The Filthy Dirty
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Cerberus
Its gonna be weird having so much stress off my shoulders and all the freetime. I'll have to find something else to occupy all my time with (freetime is the devils plaything). Maybe, i will take up binge drinking? Your thoughts?
I might quit binge drinking.

gdk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
after a big thing like that i usually plan on going out drinking and running around in my shorts or something like that... but when i get finished i'm so drained i find that i just want to be a couch potato for a few hours. that's what happened to me when i took the EIT (engineering in training) and GRE exams.

shock827

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Visit site
Status
What free time?! You should devote the same amount of time, if not more to your application. Slackers... j/k I will be so glad to actually have the free time to do what I want. Working out again, playing sports, computer games, GOING OUT!!! It will be such a relief. GL everyone! <4 weeks left!

OP
Cerberus

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I may relearn how to be a social human being. This semester my only social interactions have been between me and my textbook (and my team but I cant say i'm really social around them, we usually either shut up and focus on rowing or revert to 3rd graders and make fart jokes or moon passing church buses).

bigdan

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2002
Ann Arbor
Status
Attending Physician
C-
Your posts are great!
I gave up drinking for Lent, so I'll likely give that a try. If the temps are high, I'm gonna enjoy several Coronas. If it's moderate or chilly, I'll reintroduce myself to Killians and Sam Adams.
I've been getting in the 23-26 range on the AAMC practice tests, so it looks like I'll drink cause its over AND because I'll be taking it again.
I'd also like to read some books, RELAX, and catch up on my delinquent clinical reports at work.
Just a few days left...
Cheers in advance.

dc

Wahooali

The Real Sydney Bristow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Visit site
Status
That's the spirit guys, way to think about how wonderful it will be to have this all over and done with!!! Woohoo! The night of, well, I'll be out having a grand old time. :) And after that, with all my fabulous free time (sans having to get crackin' on my personal statement) I'm going to read lots of books, see all the friends I've neglected, go on some road trips, and play outside like it's my job! Fun times ahead! :)

OP
Cerberus

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by farleyisgod
Don't forget about social interaction with SDN, Mr. 6800 posts.

haha
I really need to register a new name so it is easier to hide my lameness.

premyo2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2003
\\
Status
Maybe I'll re-introduce myself to my girlfriend. I hope she'll remember what I used to look like and not judge me on the beard and dark circles around my eyes.

superdevil

planning my escape
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2003
always in the last place i look
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I really need to register a new name so it is easier to hide my lameness.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you know, the analogy i keep tossing around is this: studying for the MCAT is like being constipated for about 4 months. on april 17, i will take the biggest sh.t the world has ever seen!!!!!! what a relief it will be to finally have pinched off the foulest loaf which was ever created. good riddance to bad rubbish, i say.

once its over i'll probably go back to running/working out (leaving the library in general) and some other more frivolous pursuits i.e. all those PS2 games of mine which are collecting dust :mad:

CH3CH2OH

born to be wild-type
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
in the (cDNA) library
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
i think i might get to know my friends again, especially those that aren't in my school. i'll start having some more fun during the weekends, maybe even see my parents once in a while...

oh, and finally start studying for all these classes i'm taking this semester :eek:

EvoDevo

Forging a Different Path
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2003
Crazy Town
Status
Attending Physician
I'm going to dance and drink and kiss random women...

Okay, the first two at least. ;) Then it's like I'm going to have a life again!!!

Then work on finishing my thesis. (yay)

OrthoFixation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2003
Livin' on Tulsa Time
Visit site
Status
I'll have to continue working 50ish hrs/wk. How great to be able to do something enjoyable outside of work instead of study.

I do feel a MAJOR drunk coming on. Some friends invited me to a corporate suite at the pro motorcross event on Saturday night. If the food and drink flows heavily, they may be driving me home.

Note to self: NEVER sleep in car drunk (I had a friend put in jail for that once).

CH3CH2OH

born to be wild-type
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
in the (cDNA) library
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
<---- sooo wishes she was 21 already

CH3CH2OH

born to be wild-type
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
in the (cDNA) library
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
How come? Drink all you want, you deserve it. You're not really at risk if you're indoors with friends ( as far as the law or anything). Have fun!
i will drink anyway :smuggrin:

i just can't wait to be able to go out and drink...
oh well, 6 more months :D

ASDIC

The 9th Flotilla
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
well heres a list for me:

1. Get LORs
2. Get a haircut...its really long now