1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

after registration...can i still switch school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by es19, Jul 30, 2006.

1. es19

es19 Member
    5+ Year Member

all right... I know I'm crazy....but, here is the situation
    I am accepted to one medical school, and registration/orientation is next week. however, I'm still hoping to get off waitinglists of 2 schools that I really like a lot better than the one I have right now.
    if i register tomorrow (and pay half year of tuition...), can I still stay on the waitinglists of those 2 schools?
    anyone?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. defrunner

defrunner I'm Greased Up
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Unless I'm majorly misinformed, I think you're stuck. I say, be happy with what you've got and don't risk screwing it up for a "maybe". You shouldn't have applied if you didn't want to go if accepted. At this point, I would think your chances of getting off either waitlist are very slim, at best. Take the acceptance and run before they change their minds.

4. 1SwtWrld

1SwtWrld Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Once You have registered and attended orientation, you have officially matriculated and cannot be accepted by any other medical schools. Im almost positive that these are AAMC guidlines.

5. 2 Boys!

2 Boys! Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    To concur...I'm waitlisted, and I was told that folks who register at other schools are automatically deleted from the waitlist.