after registration...can i still switch school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

es19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
all right... I know I'm crazy....but, here is the situation
I am accepted to one medical school, and registration/orientation is next week. however, I'm still hoping to get off waitinglists of 2 schools that I really like a lot better than the one I have right now.
if i register tomorrow (and pay half year of tuition...), can I still stay on the waitinglists of those 2 schools?
anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless I'm majorly misinformed, I think you're stuck. I say, be happy with what you've got and don't risk screwing it up for a "maybe". You shouldn't have applied if you didn't want to go if accepted. At this point, I would think your chances of getting off either waitlist are very slim, at best. Take the acceptance and run before they change their minds.

Once You have registered and attended orientation, you have officially matriculated and cannot be accepted by any other medical schools. Im almost positive that these are AAMC guidlines.

To concur...I'm waitlisted, and I was told that folks who register at other schools are automatically deleted from the waitlist.