SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

after twelve and a half weeks......................

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by edogg, Sep 21, 2001.

1. edogg

edogg Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Today I got a letter from AMCAS.

I have pulled your transcripts and have sent your application over to our verirification department to be precessed priority, but please give it at leasta week to go through the complete verification process.

Thank you,

-ERS

wohoo, i submitted on the 6/27 and it might finally happen. did anybody else get this email? are there any other june submitters that have yet to get verified? well anyways, i am cautiosly excited.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Kentucky
    Did they send you a real letter, or was it an email? Just curious.

4. USeF

USeF sunny L.A. 10+ Year Member

congrats! (cautiously) edogg. Its about damn time you June-ers were completely verified. You guys should get veteran status or something for 'surviving' this long. Everyone who has had to wait 10+ wks for verification will be hitherto referred to as Veteran "SDN name" haha..

I wonder if down the road we'll discuss with other doctors about when/where we went to school and when we respond class of 2006, you'll get that "oh.. the experimental AMCAS year, right?" :D

5. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2001
    well, it sounds like amcas is finally getting their stories straight. I called today and they said exactly that, that they would getting all of june done for next week and then us july people will follow. Supposedly all of these august people beign verified is due to somebody sorting the apps. by amcas id number. We'll see if amcas can get it together this time, but I'm not holding my breath. By the way, congrats edogg, hope many other early submitters start to get verified as well.

6. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    SUNDEVIL--when did you submit?

7. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2001
  8. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Virginia
    I also received that email. I assumed that I received it because I was special. :D

Seriously, I thought it was because I had my attorney sent AMCAS a letter demanding they process my application from June. I won't hold my breath, but it does seem to be a step in the right direction.

I actually thought this was a hoax, due to the terrible spelling errors. Doesn't AMCAS know there is a spell check.

9. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Kentucky
    Maybe <gasp> they're rushing everything, including this letter? I don't think I'll get my hopes up that high. :)

10. edogg

edogg Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Oh my God, can this be true. I have red X's! Thank you amcas, only 12.5 week response time, not too shabby. lol.