After your done a VR passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metastasis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do when you are done a verbal passage? For bio, orgo, chem, physics, its quite easy. But for verbal I am not really sure how to correct my self.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

same here. I always look at the explanations but it doesn't really seem to matter since I've already gotten the question wrong.

Do you have the detailed explainations? Are you taking Kaplan or AAMC tests?

If you do have the detailed answers then I'd try to get a grasp of the "logic" or lack thereof behind the correct answer. May sound hard at first but as you go through them you'll start to notice that certain answers are almost always wrong for categorical reasons (ie. Too broad, Too narrow, Outside information, etc)

Do you have the detailed explainations? Are you taking Kaplan or AAMC tests?

If you do have the detailed answers then I'd try to get a grasp of the "logic" or lack thereof behind the correct answer. May sound hard at first but as you go through them you'll start to notice that certain answers are almost always wrong for categorical reasons (ie. Too broad, Too narrow, Outside information, etc)

Precisely what I do. The ones I miss are for these reasons. I can narrow down to 2, then I have to decide. After some practice, you can get a feel for the right answer. Just practice, but there is a limit on how good you can get because there appears to be a factor of just plain ability. I started at a 10 and now stay around a 11-12. I believe you can raise your verbal a little maybe 1-2 points but it is not like science where you can learn the material. Critical thinking is also very important in all the sections. But I believe that is apparent to everyone.

What do you guys do when you are done a verbal passage? For bio, orgo, chem, physics, its quite easy. But for verbal I am not really sure how to correct my self.

Thanks.
Read this if you haven't already
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=223930

Precisely what I do. The ones I miss are for these reasons. I can narrow down to 2, then I have to decide. After some practice, you can get a feel for the right answer. Just practice, but there is a limit on how good you can get because there appears to be a factor of just plain ability. I started at a 10 and now stay around a 11-12. I believe you can raise your verbal a little maybe 1-2 points but it is not like science where you can learn the material. Critical thinking is also very important in all the sections. But I believe that is apparent to everyone.
There was a person on the forum who posted something about never or rarely getting double digits on the VR section and hovering around 7 and 8s. She then posted what approach she took to improve her VR and ended up doing quite well on the MCAT....I forgot the handle name...but anyway, it is possible.