Aga Khan Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in the UK, and really want to get a place at aga khan. But, I have got poor A-lEVELS, recently finished my BSc(Hons) in Biology. AKU want MCAT for graduates, but the next one is in April 2006 ( International), does any1 know if the scores will arrive by the late May deadline for aga khan. Is there any other way of getting in. Do many overseas ppl apply to Aga khan, dya think they may be favourable to overseas ppl coz of the $$$ they can get as fees.

Members don't see this ad :)
i m a Bsc with gpa 3.59 and mcat 30S...

AKU deadline in feb...

my question is, do i need any certificate equivalence from IBCC before i submit my app?????

No, that comes later in the process. Just make sure you prepare well for the entrance test, then comes the interview and so on..

good luck!

Hello,
Has anyone applied as an international applicant that you know? If the requirements and standards are the same for international applicants as it is for native pakistanis, I dont think I have much of a chance. I am doing the international baccalaureate diploma if that means anything in admissions. Also, are international applicants required to write the specific admissions exam for aga khan university?

International students have to give the test too.
The standards are similar, but don't worry :) . More than the test , it is the interview that counts. The test questions are pretty basic.The imp. thing to remember is, if you don't know the answer to something, move on straight away b/c its a lengthy test and time can be an issue.
As far as I know, AKU accepts all grad/post grad courses but this link has all the admisison requirements so you should check it out.
http://aku.edu/medicalcollege/programmes/pdf/Brochuer.pdf
Good luck :)

No, that comes later in the process. Just make sure you prepare well for the entrance test, then comes the interview and so on..

good luck!

How do we prepare for it? I'm sorry I'm just getting into this international stuff and I have no idea were to start. Are there any study books out there that students use to prep for the exam?

does anyone know if we can apply right now for the 2012 cycle? is the deadline going to be Feb 2012? it looks like the old application is still online, do I have to wait until they post the new one?

Can anyone help me out with the application? It says deadline was Feb 17th but it doesn't say when it starts or for what session. Was that the deadline for summer? Because I'd like to start around September and it would suck to have missed that deadline...I think I meet the requirements (haven't taken the Sat II tests yet). Btw, is it possible to use MCAT's to apply rather than Sat II?

Did you ever get to applying there? If so, please tell me your experience and what decision you ended up making in terms of attending or not.

Did you end up completing the application? If you went through with the entire process, please share your experience and if you plan on enrolling in the class.

Hi no I didn't as I've been doing some other stuff.

I still haven't been able to find any info on Aga Khan and the options for students who've finished a BSC. It seems that no Pakistani medical school will accept you upon comletion of a BSC degree + MCAT score but they all want high school grades (which is fine if not for the fact that they subtract 15% or so so even a grade 12 high school average near 90% isn't good enough).

Hi no I didn't as I've been doing some other stuff.

I still haven't been able to find any info on Aga Khan and the options for students who've finished a BSC. It seems that no Pakistani medical school will accept you upon comletion of a BSC degree + MCAT score but they all want high school grades (which is fine if not for the fact that they subtract 15% or so so even a grade 12 high school average near 90% isn't good enough).

Considering it is the best medical school in Pakistan I'm not surprised. Imagine if you were a Pakistani student, 99% average probably wouldn't be good enough lol.