SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Again, PGSP Phd?

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by RG11, Mar 27, 2007.

1. RG11

RG11

Feb 14, 2007
    Does anyone here know if PhDs from PGSP can lead to teaching positions at universities. I was accepted to the PhD program there, and Im having a hard time justifying the cost, as well as the fact that a PhD from a professional school is actually more like a Psy.D. Not that a Psy.D. is a bad degree, but if I am going to be in huge debt, Id like to know my degree will be in full working capacity when I graduate, ie-college teaching/research in the case of a PhD. Help me out those who know more than I. thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RayneeDeigh

RayneeDeigh 5+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2007
    lol We heard you the first time. It's just that nobody knows. I was accepted too this year. They accept a lot of people, but their licensure scores are not too bad, surprisingly. I've talked to a few PGSP grads and the opinions are definitely mixed.

Palo Alto's expensive. I already typed all this out to somebody in the other PGSP threads that we've had on here, but the school is in a residential area and Palo Alto has generally rejected bigbox retail stores, meaning that groceries and everything are more expensive.

It's basically a judgment call. Nobody can tell you whether to go or not... it's just what you're comfortable with.

Good luck with the decision, I know it's tough.