Age and Dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yo21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello:

I will be 28 years old when I get accepted into dental school. Is anybody else around the same age?

Please, post your age (not if you are 22 please, don't make me feel old LOL, joking). Replies are welcome. Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 22 right now, but I'll be 23 when school starts. Is that good enough? :)

hello:

I will be 28 years old when I get accepted into dental school. Is anybody else around the same age?

Please, post your age (not if you are 22 please, don't make me feel old LOL, joking). Replies are welcome. Thanks!!!!

I am 23 now, I'll almost be 26 if and when I start (I plan to enter as soon as I finish the requirements for my BA in Psychology).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll start at 26.5 years old.

I'm 27 and starting d-school this fall. :)

I'm 29 and starting in August.

I think it is best to start at whatever age it is you are now. If you wait longer, then years later you will still not be whatever it is you want to do in life.

25 when I start, if I get in with the 2008 cycle. Don't let your age stop you, there are plently of people that start when they are 30 or older.

I'll be 25 when I start next year

I dont know about other schools, but the OHSU freshman class has an average age of 26. Sounds like it is common for people to wait a little longer to make this choice. In my opinion, a few years under your belt will help you be a more serious student. The big question is: Does a couple extra years really matter in the long run? A 24 year-old freshman will work in this career ~41 years. A 28 year-old will be in it for ~37years. Sounds pretty close to me.

I am 23

26. Going to be 27 on Saturday. I'm starting dental school this fall as well. We aren't old...we are just more...ah... experienced at life. Yeah. That's it!

I'm 23 now and will be 23 when i start.

Members don't see this ad :)
30+ and i'll leave it at that...

35.:eek: I'll be 36 shortly after I start school this summer.:eek: :eek: I have kids closer to most of your ages than I am!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

I dont know about other schools, but the OHSU freshman class has an average age of 26. Sounds like it is common for people to wait a little longer to make this choice. In my opinion, a few years under your belt will help you be a more serious student. The big question is: Does a couple extra years really matter in the long run? A 24 year-old freshman will work in this career ~41 years. A 28 year-old will be in it for ~37years. Sounds pretty close to me.

I am 23

The average age might be 26 but the median is probably a few years younger. One or two older folks will skew the average because there are no younger ones to balance it out. I bet most are 22-23 with a few older ones skewing the average to 26.

~22

The average age might be 26 but the median is probably a few years younger. One or two older folks will skew the average because there are no younger ones to balance it out. I bet most are 22-23 with a few older ones skewing the average to 26.

~22

oh yeah, and I'm going to OHSU! No, really... :thumbup:

I am 27 right now, will turn 28 in octobre right around the same time I might be getting in over my head. Yeah

I am 27 right now, will turn 28 in octobre right around the same time I might be getting in over my head. Yeah

25 when I start, if I get in with the 2008 cycle. Don't let your age stop you, there are plently of people that start when they are 30 or older.

Amen! Age is just a number you can have your dream come true at any age. I'll be making my dentures in dental school. :D

between orientation and the first day of class, I will turn 27

I'm 19 right now, & according to my hours I just became a junior but I'm only in my second year of school. However, if I graduate as a typical four year student (in 2009) and get accepted into dental school (knock on wood), I will be 22 because my b-day is in July. :)

24 or 26. i'm hoping divine intervention will favor age 24.

I am 20 right now, but will turn 21 in June and so when school starts I will be 21.

25 when I start this aug.

I'm 21...just bought my first cup of legal alcohol not long ago. Many of my future classmates are in their late 20s or in their early 30s

...I am 34 right now. when I start school this fall, I'll be 35
awww yeah. specialize into my 40s? hmmm...

I'm blessed with the difficult decision to choose between Tufts & UPenn - please drop by that thread if you have any thoughts! :D

Gosh I am suicidal now. This forum is depressing. I am 24. Too many thoughts in my head now. Will I be too old when I come out? Should I not even go to school? Should I become a male stripper instead? I am gonna be too old to get married once I come. Should I become gay? should I?

I'm 26 right now. Will be starting d school when I'm 28. Had I not spent the last 7 years in the USAF then I probably would be a senior in d school already.

I'll start when I'm 24. I think it'll be great to have people ranging from 21/22-30+ in my dental class. Hopefully there will be a lot of imparting of worldly wisdom plus it'll be interesting to hear of how they got there... everyone knows the story of "i went to undergrad and then applied to dental school in my second to last/last year." :thumbup: Awesome, i'm pumped. :thumbup:

33 when I start this fall.

The statistics I was shown on my interview indicated the oldest and youngest students were 30 and 21, and the median was right on the average (of course they would round to the nearest whole number). You can argue that point if you would still like. I was trying to throw light on the fact that these numbers are not a huge difference.

~22

I am 26 and will graduate with the DDS at 30. My big concern is whether to forgo a steady paycheck and specialize if the option presents itself. Besides, at 30 I may be so sick of school that the word "specialize" will make me nauseous.

35.:eek: I'll be 36 shortly after I start school this summer.:eek: :eek: I have kids closer to most of your ages than I am!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:D

It's great not to be alone!! I'll be 35 this year and 36 when I start next year. 40 when I graduate:laugh:

Gosh I am suicidal now. This forum is depressing. I am 24. Too many thoughts in my head now. Will I be too old when I come out? Should I not even go to school? Should I become a male stripper instead? I am gonna be too old to get married once I come. Should I become gay? should I?

You can't be serious

I'll be 24 when starting school, thus 28 with my DDS.

Turned 34 and accepted to UMKC one week later! It's about time I figured out what i wanna do with my life.:D

I'll be 28 when I start this year. Kind of feel old but I only look 21 years old, so I hope I'll blend in with the young kids.

I'll be 34 when I start D-school this summer.

I'm 28 and starting this fall.

hygiene school @ 19...thought i was the S**T

fall 2008 dental school...um 29! lol

all us old folks can hang together!
at my job were going to be interviewing dentists.. yeah one of them graduated High School in 2001...um really