Age of Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When applying to DO schools, what is the maximum age your pre-med req's can be. For example, I have taken most of mine about 7 years ago. Will I now have to repeat them because they are too old? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school about 'aging out' of transcripts. However, I am only aware of this practice at some MD schools. I don't think DO schools care. I know that CCOM and Touro both told me they would accept my 11 year old transcripts!

g'luck

onwis

I've not had any problem with schools accepting biology and chemistry prerequisites that are ten yrs. old. I have taken more advanced classes in those areas since then and did well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the 7 year plan also (undergrad)... no prob's from me.. although I am just finishing my Masters...

-A

I'm over 8 years out, and the only problem I have had in the application process is getting CERTAIN MD schools to accept my letters of rec! I don't fit into the "science" and "non science" rec letter formula since I didn't keep contact with old profs. Check out the old-pre-med web site for more non trad info.