AH. the blues. of being sub 3.5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhearter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any schools you can think of off the top of your head that wouldn't look at anyone below a 3.5? (forget the ivies)

I have a 3.49. I'm sincerely regretting not doing a summer semester to try and bring it back up to atleast a 3.5........

I'm going be going to the MS Cell and Molec bio program with Tulane...

I donno if my 3.49/34Q will be good enough for me to get any interviews :S even if i do well in the course-based masters >.<

i donno!

feeling all jaded,
medhearter.

Members don't see this ad.

are there any schools you can think of off the top of your head that wouldn't look at anyone below a 3.5? (forget the ivies)

I have a 3.49. I'm sincerely regretting not doing a summer semester to try and bring it back up to atleast a 3.5........

I'm going be going to the MS Cell and Molec bio program with Tulane...

I donno if my 3.49/34Q will be good enough for me to get any interviews :S even if i do well in the course-based masters >.<

i donno!

feeling all jaded,
medhearter.

well, it's not all about numbers. There's EC's, LOR's, PS, etc that can all help you. So don't be too discouraged, your MCAT score is awesome, by the way.

3.5/34 is pretty solid, you will get acceptances with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're stats aren't OMGWOW, but they're good enough. If you don't get any acceptances/interviews, it won't be because of your GPA/MCAT.

You can search through profiles based on GPA and MCAT and look at people with similar stats and where they were accepted.

Sell yourself as much as possible. My 3.4/38 suffered in the face of stiff competition and an application that did not do justice to the ECs, shadowing and volunteering I had done.