Ahh 3 days!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flaahless

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
May 15th is on Thursday. Am I the only that still completely undecided? I have NO CLUE how to choose a school by then and I'm terrified! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

UCSF, seriously man, that is an absolute dream...

UCSF, seriously man, that is an absolute dream...
You see, that's why this whole thing is difficult to me. This whole process has been a dream. I only really know 1 physician. He was a DO I shadowed two summers ago. No one in my family is a doctor so my perspective on the field is pretty limited. I mean, for me to just get here is a total dream. I'm just happy I got accepted. I tried to rank both schools but that doesn't work because my rubric doesn't go that high. So choosing between there and Vandy is incredibly tough because they are both so freaking awesome. It's like choosing between between Halle Berry in Swordfish and a Denise Richards in Starship Troopers. :confused:

EDIT: Or better yet, it's like I've been riding bicycles my entire life and all of a sudden someone gives me a Bentley and a Rolls Royce and tells me to choose. I have no idea which one to pick because I'm just excited to have a car.

I had to switch the analogy before the thread become too lewd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd take Halle Barry and UCSF

Take Halle Berry and Denise Richards and leave the med schools :D

Both options you have are freaking amazing... so no matter what you choose, you win! There is truly NO wrong choice that you can make! Just pick a school and don't look back.

Someone posted a little coin trick a while ago (wish I remembered who): Flip a coin and see how it lands. Say that heads means you go to UCSF and tails means Vanderbilt. How does the coin turn out? If you find yourself wishing it had gone the other way, then you know what to choose. If you're happy with the coin flip, then go with it! Good luck making your decision and congratulations on your success :)

Sanaai Lathan and Vanderbilt or Leah Remini and Vanderbilt! :laugh: Either way it goes bro, I say Vandy and congrats. :thumbup:

Go for UCSF so I can take your spot at Vandy :)

Both options you have are freaking amazing... so no matter what you choose, you win! There is truly NO wrong choice that you can make! Just pick a school and don't look back.

Someone posted a little coin trick a while ago (wish I remembered who): Flip a coin and see how it lands. Say that heads means you go to UCSF and tails means Vanderbilt. How does the coin turn out? If you find yourself wishing it had gone the other way, then you know what to choose. If you're happy with the coin flip, then go with it! Good luck making your decision and congratulations on your success :)
Yo thanks a grip. I really think I'm going to do that.

You know, if you decide to go to Vandy... make sure in your withdrawal letter you mention that there's this one kid who would be a great replacement for your seat :D

...and if you do go to UCSF, sneak my application into the accepted pile :laugh:

flaahless, don't make me hit you.

And I mean that in the most friendly, classmatey way possible *hugs*

You see, that's why this whole thing is difficult to me. This whole process has been a dream. I only really know 1 physician. He was a DO I shadowed two summers ago. No one in my family is a doctor so my perspective on the field is pretty limited. I mean, for me to just get here is a total dream. I'm just happy I got accepted. I tried to rank both schools but that doesn't work because my rubric doesn't go that high. So choosing between there and Vandy is incredibly tough because they are both so freaking awesome. It's like choosing between between Halle Berry in Swordfish and a Denise Richards in Starship Troopers. :confused:

EDIT: Or better yet, it's like I've been riding bicycles my entire life and all of a sudden someone gives me a Bentley and a Rolls Royce and tells me to choose. I have no idea which one to pick because I'm just excited to have a car.

LOL, yea I feel you, which ever one you pick you'll never know if the other one was the better choice. I think money would be an issue and also if you want to stay in cali any longer... also if your family is in CA then that may be an issue too (to stay near or even get away LOL). I would think Nashville would be a huge change! Which ever you pick I think you'll find a lot of success:)

Members don't see this ad :)
is this really worthy of its own thread???

What the hell...Adriana Lima + UCSF, can't be beat.

Keira Knightley and UCSF

Take Vandy hands down.

Flaahless - best of luck w/ the decision, man. it's gonna be a helluva next few days. things are still up in the air for me, too. i would have said ucsf all the way ... but they sent me this skimpy little envelope awhile back so yeah, they slipped a little in my book ... but i'm not bitter :)

Halle Berry for sure.

Go w/ your gut and you'll be in good shape. stay up and let us know what you decide. Word.

Make lists of the pros and cons and see which lists are longer. It could help.

I went to Vandy for four years and enjoyed it, but I think I'd vote for UCSF here.

Do what the engineers do: QFD.

Sanaai Lathan and Vanderbilt or Leah Remini and Vanderbilt! :laugh: Either way it goes bro, I say Vandy and congrats. :thumbup:

:thumbup: There you go flaahless!!! Did you get a full ride to ucsf too? Because that would be the only reason I could think of that you would be having this dilemma.

Problem with this thread is that it's not going to help you decide. You're going to have pretty much equal response for both schools because they're both just awesome.

Personally, I'd choose UCSF because I'd rather live in San Francisco than Tennessee.

Good luck deciding!

p.s. if you'd like to tell me UNC or UConn that'd be good, too. ;)

Flaahless-

If you have never lived in Northern Cali, you are missing out. It is truly a very special place. San Fran is a world class, very diverse city. It has everything one could want in a city, as well as being aesthetically really beautiful. It's close to Napa Valley, the redwoods, Lake Tahoe, and the beach.
What more can you ask for?

Having lived in Tennessee, I can safely say...skip it, holmes.

As far as schools go, UCSF is internationally heralded, but you know this.

If the idea is graduating with no debt or minimal debt, well, don't make your decision based on that. You'll pay that $hit off in no time.

The choice is clear.

San Fran = expensive. I'd go to the school where you'll go the least into debt. In the long run, that's one of the things that will have mattered the most.

UCSF and Vandy are both AWESOME choices, I wish I was in your shoes. I would personally choose UCSF but thats because I have strong ties to NorCal. You should probably ask people who were in your shoes and see what criteria they used to make their final decision. I've seen one fellow SDNer (AlaskaGrown), who had tons of options for med school (Harvard, JHU, UCSF, Yale, Duke) and chose Vanderbilt over all of them. You should probably consult with him see how he made his decision.

Being from SoCal, I can't stand Parnassus...

are you kidding me? Denise Richards fo sure. Definitely UCSF.

Ok Answer these questions real fast:

What do you like: Ferrari or Geo Metro?
Who do you like: sexy girls or fat michael moore?
Where do you wanna live: in a palace or in a dog house?
Which would you prefer: vomit or double cheese burger
What do you like: driving a Apache helicopter or riding piggyback on michael moore?
when do you like: summer in Italy or summer in Sahara?
where do you like: being kissed on lips or being kicked in groins?
Which do you like going to awesome UCSF or going to suckass Vandy?
Where do you wanna live: in Hawaii or in homeless shelter?
Which would you prefer: vomit or double serving of fat?

:D