Ahh...A productive weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
27 Secondaries Down, and I actually have run out of secondaries in the "IN" box. I actually regret running out of stuff to do as it makes me think of the fact that I have no interviews...

Man, this is getting expensive..

Oh yeah...BTW...I hate AMCAS :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

27!!!!!!!!! That is incredible!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I've got 8 done, 8 in progress, and am waiting on 6 more. Plus one non-AMCAS app done and one more in progress......and thought I was on top of things. I hear you about the money. I just hope when I get my scores, they justify this insane outlay!

Don't think you'll find many people holding AMCAS in high regard ;) It is by far the most maddening entity I've ever dealt with. :mad: :mad:

Well, that's 27 total...I have been working on the things for about 4 weeks or so...The first 5 or so schools are just now reporting app complete. I applied to an s-load of schools; thus, I am waiting on more apps.

The most frustrating part of this 2ndary stuff is the fact that so many schools are still sending the 2ndary out on papyrus and you use a quill and and inkwell and sand to complete the essay.

The schools that have e-apps and or pdf or ms-word are a snap. The others....slow...slooow....sllloooowww going.

Members don't see this ad :)
The most frustrating part of this 2ndary stuff is the fact that so many schools are still sending the 2ndary out on papyrus and you use a quill and and inkwell and sand to complete the essay.

Ha! LOL!!!! Very funny, Loki! BTW, are you a Zelda fan?

Nochaser: you reminded me of this awesome site I came across. I dont know which version of Zelda you were consumed by, but no doubt it was a Link to the past for me. Anyway, I found a site that had all the main theme tracks (title, underworld, forest etc.) in .mp3 form! check it out
http://www.zeldaforever.net/z3music.php

I feel like a 14 yr old again listening to this stuff :D

wow 27 secondaries!! :eek: :eek:
I thought i was doing alot with 24 secondaries and i've only got about 7 done.

Thats a lot of secondaries....and i thought applying to 10 schools would eat up my time!!

That sure is alot of secondaries! Dang, I guess I better stop complaining.

I'm applying to 31 schools, and so far have filled out approx. 25 secondaries, but it took me longer than you loki.

I imagine filling out all these endless essays must feel something like getting sucked into a black hole.

And then theres all the MD/PhD applications, which essentially doubles your effective secondary workload.

I'm really not feeling like working on Tufts, even though its only got 1 essay on it. I guess that says something about how burned out I am on this stuff.

Wow! :eek: I really envy all of you. I can't wait until I start applying. One thing is for sure though; I am not looking forward to doing all those secondarys.
Props to all of ya! :cool:

WOW.

I only applied to 10 schools. I've completed 6 secondaries, working on seventh, and I'm totally burned out. Ya know, I used to be a good writer--did well on the verbal and writing sample and all that--but lately my essays sound like this:

Me good person. Me can teach good too. I want be doctor, so can help people. Oh, also I is well-rounded. Many hobbies have I. The End.

Nice huh?

Hah! that sounds familiar.

wow...i did 30 schools on primary (AMCAS and Tx. combined) and then filled out 24 secondaries...and I'm all done...finally!! my 25th school would be stanford, if they will ever send me a 2ndary- im still waiting...

after getting my first 5 interviews (but 3 are tx and they interview early, so dont panic anyone), i decided to cut out 5 from the original list...i figure theres no way in hell im going to 25 interviews (maybe 10-12 max if im lucky to get that many) so why apply to more than 25 schools?

so most of my friends last yr told me the same narrowing down process happens. in my case: 30 primary, 24 or 25 secondaries, maybe 10-12 interviews, and maybe 3-4 aceptances from that. of course, the interview and acceptances, im just guessing, but anyway, thats my take...

to all those doing even more schools that that, GOOD LUCK!! i finished u chicago yesterday (man that was a hard one) and im so glad its over!!!

interviews here i come... :)

i like your style of thinking saffron. with the # i'm applying to i should be getting some acceptances.

Ok - I am going to show my ignorance here, but do all the schools give vastly different secondary essays? I would have guessed that there would have been a fair bit of repetition so why not just generate a standard essay and then just tailor it to each school?

Yup, all different, different word lengths, number of questions, etc. Some need to be typed on the special heavyweight paper apps they send, some you can do on-line and submit, some you can download & print and then type! It's truly horrible!!! A few overlaps, but they tend to be ones like "if you've been out of school for a while, tell us what you've been doing since graduation?" rather than the heavy ethical/moral dilemma types. Oh yeah, and most of 'em make you repeat a good bit of the stuff that's already on AMCAS like required courses and post-secondary experiences. Plus swear that you're not a criminal (wasn't that on AMCAS too?). :rolleyes: