ahhh, the perks of dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Casting gold is the funnest thing I have ever done in school to date. ANyone else make a gold cap?

This fits over my normal tooth and retention is quite good. There are some small pits but after another shine and red rouge polish this thing is cruisin' with me!

578195062_6458163fcb.jpg

there is more: dmdstudent.com

I wonder how hard it is to give my teeth the ICE treatment...

Members don't see this ad.

Casting gold is the funnest thing I have ever done in school to date. ANyone else make a gold cap?

This fits over my normal tooth and retention is quite good. There are some small pits but after another shine and red rouge polish this thing is cruisin' with me!

578195062_6458163fcb.jpg

Go show your new grill to one of the faculty periodontists and ask what they think. ;)

wow! cool stuff. Is there a high demand for bling bling?

578195062_6458163fcb.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Go show your new grill to one of the faculty periodontists and ask what they think. ;)

and get lectured for 2 hours on biological width? no way.

I only keep it in for a couple minutes at a time, i have to smooth and lower that margin:D

Some patients do want gold teeth here in philly. Cool, I guess.:thumbup:

and get lectured for 2 hours on biological width? no way.

I only keep it in for a couple minutes at a time, i have to smooth and lower that margin:D

Some patients do want gold teeth here in philly. Cool, I guess.:thumbup:

I hope you're not violating biologic width with that, I imagine that would hurt. I imagine the biggest issue perio would have with that would be the plaque retentive features it has.

It is kinda fun to make some bling bling though. Just last week a soldier wanted two full gold crowns with a porcelain veneer on 8 and 9. In my opinion they're going to look cheesy as hell but he sure wants them so thats what he is getting.

I'm looking forward to getting a full set of grillz, upper and lower!

RP

578195062_6458163fcb.jpg

Nice teeth by the way...:D