Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

ahhh winter storm causes delays! am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by risnwb, Dec 8, 2005.

1. risnwb

risnwb Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    so i just flew half way to Midway airport in Chicago and then turned around and returned to CT... My interview at loyola is scheduled for 9:00 am, and i've gotten myself on a flight that will get in to chicago at 8:45... if there are no further delays. Will they be understanding if I am an hour late or so?

2. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

call them now and leave a message! I'm sure they will understand! GOOD LUCK!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MeowMix

MeowMix Explaining "Post-Call"
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This is normal for the time of year - just be sure to call and update them, so your interviewers can know whether to show up or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Em1

Em1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Um, check the news. A plane at Midway slid off the runway into an intersection. The airport's closed and will supposedly open tomorrow morning.

5. minnie2240

minnie2240 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'd try to change your flight to O'hare instead. Just because of the whole plan accident thing.

6. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

No way! Now they know there's a problem at Midway. The chances of another accident happening are so small! Get out of my house!
    Or so my drunken musings would have me believe. The important thing is... well, I don' t know that. My point is.... well, I don't know that either.

7. risnwb

risnwb Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well there's no changing my flight to another airport because Southwest only goes to Midway. I'm now sitting in the airport crossing my fingers!... the ground is covered in snow and its still falling:(

8. Psycho Doctor

Psycho Doctor *** Angel
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you're waiting in an airport and posting on sdn?? :eek: wow people do have their addictions ...er i mean priorities. :D

9. Flopotomist

Flopotomist I love the Chicago USPS
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AAACK!!! So what happened? I am so curious!

10. risnwb

risnwb Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    great interview, they rearranged everything ( I was the only one interviewing today) even though I was over three hours late, and I REALLY liked the school. They could not have been more understanding. I hope I get in!