ahhh winter storm causes delays! am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

risnwb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i just flew half way to Midway airport in Chicago and then turned around and returned to CT... My interview at loyola is scheduled for 9:00 am, and i've gotten myself on a flight that will get in to chicago at 8:45... if there are no further delays. Will they be understanding if I am an hour late or so?

Members don't see this ad.

risnwb said:
so i just flew half way to Midway airport in Chicago and then turned around and returned to CT... My interview at loyola is scheduled for 9:00 am, and i've gotten myself on a flight that will get in to chicago at 8:45... if there are no further delays. Will they be understanding if I am an hour late or so?

call them now and leave a message! I'm sure they will understand! GOOD LUCK!

This is normal for the time of year - just be sure to call and update them, so your interviewers can know whether to show up or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, check the news. A plane at Midway slid off the runway into an intersection. The airport's closed and will supposedly open tomorrow morning.

I'd try to change your flight to O'hare instead. Just because of the whole plan accident thing.

minnie2240 said:
I'd try to change your flight to O'hare instead. Just because of the whole plan accident thing.
No way! Now they know there's a problem at Midway. The chances of another accident happening are so small! Get out of my house!
Or so my drunken musings would have me believe. The important thing is... well, I don' t know that. My point is.... well, I don't know that either.

Well there's no changing my flight to another airport because Southwest only goes to Midway. I'm now sitting in the airport crossing my fingers!... the ground is covered in snow and its still falling:(

risnwb said:
Well there's no changing my flight to another airport because Southwest only goes to Midway. I'm now sitting in the airport crossing my fingers!... the ground is covered in snow and its still falling:(
you're waiting in an airport and posting on sdn?? :eek: wow people do have their addictions ...er i mean priorities. :D

AAACK!!! So what happened? I am so curious!

great interview, they rearranged everything ( I was the only one interviewing today) even though I was over three hours late, and I REALLY liked the school. They could not have been more understanding. I hope I get in!