risnwb

15+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2005
Massachusetts
Status
Attending Physician
so i just flew half way to Midway airport in Chicago and then turned around and returned to CT... My interview at loyola is scheduled for 9:00 am, and i've gotten myself on a flight that will get in to chicago at 8:45... if there are no further delays. Will they be understanding if I am an hour late or so?

ahumdinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2005
Status
Medical Student
risnwb said:
so i just flew half way to Midway airport in Chicago and then turned around and returned to CT... My interview at loyola is scheduled for 9:00 am, and i've gotten myself on a flight that will get in to chicago at 8:45... if there are no further delays. Will they be understanding if I am an hour late or so?

call them now and leave a message! I'm sure they will understand! GOOD LUCK!

MeowMix

Explaining "Post-Call"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
This is normal for the time of year - just be sure to call and update them, so your interviewers can know whether to show up or not.

About the Ads

Em1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Um, check the news. A plane at Midway slid off the runway into an intersection. The airport's closed and will supposedly open tomorrow morning.

minnie2240

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I'd try to change your flight to O'hare instead. Just because of the whole plan accident thing.

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
minnie2240 said:
I'd try to change your flight to O'hare instead. Just because of the whole plan accident thing.
No way! Now they know there's a problem at Midway. The chances of another accident happening are so small! Get out of my house!
Or so my drunken musings would have me believe. The important thing is... well, I don' t know that. My point is.... well, I don't know that either.

risnwb

15+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2005
Massachusetts
Status
Attending Physician
Well there's no changing my flight to another airport because Southwest only goes to Midway. I'm now sitting in the airport crossing my fingers!... the ground is covered in snow and its still falling:(

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
risnwb said:
Well there's no changing my flight to another airport because Southwest only goes to Midway. I'm now sitting in the airport crossing my fingers!... the ground is covered in snow and its still falling:(
you're waiting in an airport and posting on sdn?? :eek: wow people do have their addictions ...er i mean priorities. :D

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
AAACK!!! So what happened? I am so curious!

risnwb

15+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2005
Massachusetts
Status
Attending Physician
great interview, they rearranged everything ( I was the only one interviewing today) even though I was over three hours late, and I REALLY liked the school. They could not have been more understanding. I hope I get in!

About the Ads