ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
tomorrow will be the slowest day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come you pre-med geniuses, come up with a time machine that fast forwards time to 10 pm tomorrow night. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:confused: :scared: :eek: :scared: :( :wow: +pissed+ :barf:

Throughout this whole process I've never once doubted that I'd get an acceptable, if not fabulous, score. My practice tests were all acceptable, I walked out feeling confident about it, and so far I've been anxious, but not nervous about finding out how I did.

Tonight I started doubting myself and thinking maybe I didn't do so well and got a bad score. I'm currently applying, so this one is all I've got.

The waiting needs to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've already posted this in another mcat thread, but I think it's appropriate here too...

Recent aim conversation b/t me and my tormenting boyfriend:
Him: They should make a movie and call it Groundhog Day 2. It stars you. And you have to relive the day before you get your scores again and again and again.
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Him: It would be the comedy of the year.
Me: I'd kill you

So, it could be worse. We only have to get through tomorrow once.

Members don't see this ad :)
u know, i came out confident.

as the months went out, i started doubting my confidence. now i am a complete wreck. i just hope my score doesn't go down.

dmtang said:
u know, i came out confident.

as the months went out, i started doubting my confidence. now i am a complete wreck. i just hope my score doesn't go down.
Dmtang, I'm with you. I walked out thinking I got at least a 36. Now, I'm thinking like 24. All I know is I spelled my name right on all those forms.

desiredusername said:
Dmtang, I'm with you. I walked out thinking I got at least a 36. Now, I'm thinking like 24. All I know is I spelled my name right on all those forms.

Lol I walked out saying, "my that was interesting"..in other words..."did i just get rocked"

Just wanted to pop in and wish y'all luck. May tomorrow be the day where you find out you never have to worry about this god-forsaken test ever again.

i felt confident on test day too! but as time passed by i began to get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that i didnt do as well as id hope...i sure hope im wrong though

I could not sleep last night at all. In about 12 hours all this waiting will be over, and this is not even for my MCAT scores :( (bf's scores)

Nikki2002 said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:confused: :scared: :eek: :scared: :( :wow: +pissed+ :barf:
yesterday I was on some odd high, like nothing could deter me from being happy and confident. I got no studying done, and Today, I feel like a fragile and worried little piece of....

Members don't see this ad :)
docolive said:
yesterday I was on some odd high, like nothing could deter me from being happy and confident. I got no studying done, and Today, I feel like a fragile and worried little piece of....

I feel the same way! I've been very calm these past 2 months now I'm feeling sick. I have a class tonight so hopefully that will distract me. I think I'm going to go out tonight to celebrate or sulk.

i have been relatively not as nervous...not because i think i did fabulously, but more because i am totally resigned that im going to blow moose balls.

however, i had a dream last night that i got a 20 on the MCAT. i was totally freaking out and woke up in a sweat. i used to think all of the people on sdn who have dreams about bad mcat scores were crazy....but now i know how it feels. it feels totally...horrible.

I dreamed I got a 36 last night, with 15, 6, 15! So I didn't know how to feel. I mean, 36 is great, 6 in verbal kinda stinks! Lets hope that won't be what I see on Thx.

I'm in London this term and the 6 hour time difference sucks right now. It's 7:46 PM but only 1:46 at home meaning I've been up all day and have to wait into the night to get the results. This is like a presidential election practically in the waiting/nervousness involved.

damn, i'm so glad i took my mcats in april. i didn't know our scores were gonna be put up at 7 pm the night before, so i just randomly checked and was in an utter state of shock. i recommend all of you take 3 shots of whisky before checking your scores. whether its good or bad, you'll thank me for saving you a heart attack. good luck guys.
-mota

everyone here seems more nervous about getting their scores than they were about taking the actual exam... seems a little backwards. chances that anyone bombed or got a 40+ are very slim compared to doing middle of the road or as one was doing on the practice exams. just calm down and be patient, the scores are done and its out of our hands. that being said, good luck and i hope nobody here has to take it again

gujuDoc said:
It is because going into the exam you think it is going to be like the other practice tests. But you come out feeling like even if you were making 35+ on your diags, the test still seems like it was harder then any diag you ever took and the fact that you have to wait 2 months to know the scores add to the anxiety. This makes post MCAT stress worse then pre MCAT stress.

kem cho gujudoc

mrhealth said:
everyone here seems more nervous about getting their scores than they were about taking the actual exam... seems a little backwards.
We can all practice taking the test; no one can practice getting his or her scores from an impersonal website.
I see your point, though - what's done is done.

desiredusername said:
We can all practice taking the test; no one can practice getting his or her scores from an impersonal website.
I see your point, though - what's done is done.

I think i more nervous about this because after tonight or tomorrow, its all over...its just the application process.....

gozeemer said:
I think i more nervous about this because after tonight or tomorrow, its all over...its just the application process.....
Yeah, there's a sense of finality to this. Even though that's wholly manufactured by us: we can always take it again. Maybe I'll wait until the envelope comes in the mail? Nah...

gujuDoc said:
Which is even worse, cuz then you get the next round of WAITING......

Waiting for..........

Secondaries from schools that screeen
Interview Invites
Acceptance Decisions
If waitlisted, whether or not you get off the waitlists

It never ends, even when the end is in sight, cuz then you get residency apps and board scores to wait on in med school. We are doomed to torture. :laugh: :laugh:

LOL agreed...this is journey that might end 2 days into the academic year...i just had a friend who was called off a waitlist 2 days into orientation...thats just nuts...

desiredusername said:
Yeah, there's a sense of finality to this. Even though that's wholly manufactured by us: we can always take it again. Maybe I'll wait until the envelope comes in the mail? Nah...

Yeah I originally was gonna wait for the mail, but who am I kidding I cant wait any longer lol

gujuDoc said:
Which is even worse, cuz then you get the next round of WAITING......

Waiting for..........

Secondaries from schools that screeen
Interview Invites
Acceptance Decisions
If waitlisted, whether or not you get off the waitlists

It never ends, even when the end is in sight, cuz then you get residency apps and board scores to wait on in med school. We are doomed to torture. :laugh: :laugh:
Hah, you're forgetting all the things that matter, guju. Like having a family, watching your baby for the first time, watching your loved ones grow....
Board scores, secondaries, residency apps; it's all the tip of the iceberg.