aid in africa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrcdsbenz2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know of opportunities to volunteer abroad for a shorter period of time- ie less than 3 months- for pre-health/medical students? names of specific organizations would be helpful
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

mrcdsbenz2000 said:
anyone know of opportunities to volunteer abroad for a shorter period of time- ie less than 3 months- for pre-health/medical students? names of specific organizations would be helpful
thanks

not in africa, but in peru

check out amazon promise
www.amazonpromise.com

there are many 2 week trips and a 1 month trip in the summer
I did it twice and loved it both times

International Service Learning (islonline.org) has shorter trips. I know that they have one in Tanzania that I believe goes for 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
mrcdsbenz2000 said:
thanks

don't you mean AIDS in africa?

alright, maybe that was in bad taste...

You don't necessarily have to go through an organization, try initiating your own project. Plan what your goals are, what you want to learn, and what you want to take out of the experience. I found that not going through an organization, but directly communicating with the people I would be working with helped me get some experiences that other organizations don't allow their volunteers to participate in. If you have any more questions, just PM me.