Aiming for 518+. Possible/realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ditritium monoxide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm shooting for a 518 or higher on the mcat, but in light of my recent AAMC score, I'd like to know whether it is possible.

I took NS2 a week ago and scored a 512 (128/127/129/128). I was fairly pleased with that, but then I took AAMC 1 a week later (3 days ago) and got a 511 (129/127/129/126). Yeah, P/S really got me and had a harsh curve, and I had quite a few content gaps in my knowledge. I've been very assiduous with P/S review for the past 3 days (went through all of KA videos and 300pg notes), and have been doing practice passages/content review for c/p and b/b. My errors in these section are reasoning and careless mistakes, but there's also a small amount of content I still need to familiarize myself with.

I'd like to shoot for 130 or more on c/p, 128 on cars, 130 or more on b/b, and even 130 or more on p/s. With 5 weeks left, do you all think this can be done?

I'm very glad I took AAMC1 this early. Really showed me what I needed work on.

Edit: I eat September 1st, have 2 days plus 4 weeks with no other commitments plus one week with classes left to go.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm shooting for a 518 or higher on the mcat, but in light of my recent AAMC score, I'd like to know whether it is possible.

I took NS2 a week ago and scored a 512 (128/127/129/128). I was fairly pleased with that, but then I took AAMC 1 a week later (3 days ago) and got a 511 (129/127/129/126). Yeah, P/S really got me and had a harsh curve, and I had quite a few content gaps in my knowledge. I've been very assiduous with P/S review for the past 3 days (went through all of KA videos and 300pg notes), and have been doing practice passages/content review for c/p and b/b. My errors in these section are reasoning and careless mistakes, but there's also a small amount of content I still need to familiarize myself with.

I'd like to shoot for 130 or more on c/p, 128 on cars, 130 or more on b/b, and even 130 or more on p/s. With 5 weeks left, do you all think this can be done?

I'm very glad I took AAMC1 this early. Really showed me what I needed work on.

Edit: I eat September 1st, have 2 days plus 4 weeks with no other commitments plus one week with classes left to go.

I remember aamc fl 1 psych being difficult too.

It's definitely possible man there are just so many other variables at play into ultimately what your score is (content, other test takers, etc). The only thing you can do is prepare to the best of your ability and put yourself in a place to succeed and it certainly sounds like you are doing that now.

Keep aiming high, I think it's going to go well for you. Good luck!

With your exam being a month from now, its kinda hard to tell. The next few practice exams would be a good indicator of your actual score. Make sure to save FL2 for last. I don't know if a new FL is coming out before your exam or not. Most people score +/- 3 points from their AAMC exams, so taking that will give you the most accurate estimate. Keep us updated!

AAMC scored exams are pretty accurate predictors if all goes well on test day. You still have time to patch up the holes in your content knowledge, especially P/S. Otherwise practice as much reasoning as possible!