Air Force Air Force AEGD Questions ~2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuckeyeCPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I have a couple questions about the AEGD application process. I know there are bits and pieces of this information around the site but most of it that I have found has been pretty incomplete or is way out of date. I don't expect anyone to have all the answers or for all of these to have answers, but if anyone knows and would like to share that would be great!

1. How many current AEGD Slots does the Air Force have and how does this stack up against the number of "applicants"
2. Are there any bases that are particularly competitive to get or easy to get?
3. Is base selection based just on GPA/class rank, or is it more of a holistic application process? If it is based on more than just GPA/class rank is there anything that they specifically look for?
4. Any other random Air Force AEGD information you might have?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,

I have a couple questions about the AEGD application process. I know there are bits and pieces of this information around the site but most of it that I have found has been pretty incomplete or is way out of date. I don't expect anyone to have all the answers or for all of these to have answers, but if anyone knows and would like to share that would be great!

1. How many current AEGD Slots does the Air Force have and how does this stack up against the number of "applicants"
They want everyone to do the AEGD. They try to get a spot for everyone.
2. Are there any bases that are particularly competitive to get or easy to get?
The more popular Bases tend to be the near the more popular cities.
3. Is base selection based just on GPA/class rank, or is it more of a holistic application process? If it is based on more than just GPA/class rank is there anything that they specifically look for?
They'll score you based off of Class Rank/ Interview, but they try to have the same spectrum of applicants per base. The more competitive of an applicant you are doesn't necessarily mean you will be chosen for a more competitive base. They try to make everyone happy. Barksdale and Offutt tend to be the 2 least popular. If you have Barksdale or Offutt in your top 5. You will probably go there. I ranked Offutt #1 because I was living in Omaha, and I loved it. The staff there are awesome.
4. Any other random Air Force AEGD information you might have?
The AEGD will seem frustrating for the first couple of months because they check everything you do. Go in with an open mind, and you'll learn a lot.

The AEGD will seem frustrating for the first couple of months because they check everything you do. Go in with an open mind, and you'll learn a lot.
Would that be the case for any new graduates entering service? Regardless of whether or not the dentist is doing an AEGD