Air Force HPSP April Board 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IslandFox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to touch base. Has anyone heard back from the April Air Force HPSP boards? My recruiter mentioned that April 20th was the official notification date, but that it could actually take longer to get the final word.

Look forward to hearing how everyone did!

Members don't see this ad.

My recruiter called and told me the same thing... hopefully not hearing back on the official notification date is a common thing and is not a sign of bad news..

Sounds like we are in the same boat! I don't think it is a sign of bad news. It will just take longer than we hoped. My recruiter said it could take up to two weeks.

For those who have already been through this, is 2 weeks past the notification date typical?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was supposed to find out somewhere around Feb. 24th and didn't hear until mid March...don't freak out if it takes a couple extra weeks!

Thanks for the tip. I won't freak out it if it takes another 3 weeks:)

Why do you think it took extra time? Does the board meet more than once? Or is it due to the background checks?

I have no idea, I think they only meet once for each of the boards though. Just expect to be patient, a lot of hurry up and wait. I'm excited to finally be getting commissioned this week, it's been a very long process. I know how nerve wracking it is =/ but hang in there!

I have no idea, I think they only meet once for each of the boards though. Just expect to be patient, a lot of hurry up and wait. I'm excited to finally be getting commissioned this week, it's been a very long process. I know how nerve wracking it is =/ but hang in there!
Is anyone starting COT on May 29, 2012? Just wanted to see if anyone attending COT wanted to get in touch beforehand to get ready.

Is anyone starting COT on May 29, 2012? Just wanted to see if anyone attending COT wanted to get in touch beforehand to get ready.

Congrats on starting COT next month! I don't know yet if I'll be attending the next COT. I hope so! My recruiter said there may be room if I am selected for the HPSP scholarship. Has anyone heard if it is full?

Last edited:

Just commissioned today, hoping for the May 29th COT date!

Why do you think it took extra time? Does the board meet more than once? Or is it due to the background checks?

I'm in the same boat you are, and I just talked to my recruiter. Apparently, the general who has to sign off on the board results is taking a class for a few weeks, so no action will be taken until then.

Just got confirmation for May 29th. If you join the Military HPSP Students and Physicians facebook group there are a couple of us on there for May.

Just got confirmation for May 29th. If you join the Military HPSP Students and Physicians facebook group there are a couple of us on there for May.
Sweet, thanks! Will definitely check.

Yes

Last edited:
I just contacted my recruiter today and official acceptances are out as of today.