wheelbug

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2005
7
0
Status
I've applied for an Air Force HPSP scholarship before the December 15th boards met and i still have not heard anything (scholarship offer or rejection) since then. i was told that my application was to be submitted to the December boards and that i would have a response by Jan 21st. it is now March and i have not heard either way. is this customary? has anyone else received acceptances or rejections? is the entire process verbally communicated through the recruiter or have you received official paperwork via US mail? thanks
 

cdreed

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2002
446
3
Omaha, NE
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wheelbug said:
I've applied for an Air Force HPSP scholarship before the December 15th boards met and i still have not heard anything (scholarship offer or rejection) since then. i was told that my application was to be submitted to the December boards and that i would have a response by Jan 21st. it is now March and i have not heard either way. is this customary? has anyone else received acceptances or rejections? is the entire process verbally communicated through the recruiter or have you received official paperwork via US mail? thanks
The AF has 3 or 4 Boards that meet to decide scholarship recipients. If you haven't heard anything, it's possible that the Board did not review your app in Dec. I believe that the next one is in Mar or Apr. If you're that concerned, call your recruiter and ask. Good luck!
 

llort

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
508
0
41
Not California
Status
I applied in january, went to board like feb 8, and then recruiter called me 2 weeks later to tell me I was accepted. so, if your recruiter hasnt called you then you probably didnt get the scholarship. sorry. try the army, i also applied with them, and got the scholarship like 5 days later.
 

Ydangerzone

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2004
23
0
Status
I was on the Dec 15 Air Force Board and my recruiter told me that I was not accepted. They accepted less than half of the applicants and NO alternates. He said it was very unorthodox - but there was nothing I could do. He was sure I was going to get it...

I found out About Jan 20th.

I have a packet in for the Army right now and I'll find out by March 15th.
 

AubreyMaturin

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2005
113
1
Status
You can always go for the Navy. I don't think that they fill all of their scholarships spots each year.
 

UCBShocker

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2004
178
0
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Ydangerzone said:
I was on the Dec 15 Air Force Board and my recruiter told me that I was not accepted. They accepted less than half of the applicants and NO alternates. He said it was very unorthodox - but there was nothing I could do. He was sure I was going to get it...

I found out About Jan 20th.

I have a packet in for the Army right now and I'll find out by March 15th.
Sorry to hear that, I hope the Army works out for you. I am still waiting to get accepted to medical school for the HPSP scholarship if it makes you feel any better =).
 

nivosus

New Member
10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
1
0
43
TX
Status
I've been told by my recruiter that the AF is often late in getting word out to the applicants. They were supposed to release the latest 4-year HPSP results Mar 25th, but I didn't hear anything from them myself. I got into USUHS, but would prefer to go the HPSP route and attend Pitt. We'll see.
 

BOHICA-FIGMO

Belt-fed Physician
10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
785
5
High and right
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wheelbug said:
I've applied for an Air Force HPSP scholarship before the December 15th boards met and i still have not heard anything (scholarship offer or rejection) since then. i was told that my application was to be submitted to the December boards and that i would have a response by Jan 21st. it is now March and i have not heard either way. is this customary? has anyone else received acceptances or rejections? is the entire process verbally communicated through the recruiter or have you received official paperwork via US mail? thanks
If you are active duty, the board meets 5 April. As far as I know, that is the last one for this cycle.
 

DrChris23

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
36
0
37
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
I was accepted into the program as of March 29th....I look forward to seeing all those accepted at officers training.

---
Chris
 

ssj3tom

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2004
20
0
Status
DrChris23 said:
I was accepted into the program as of March 29th....I look forward to seeing all those accepted at officers training.

---
Chris
I saw your post...congratulations Chris!!

Sounds like a good deal!!

Best wishes