Air Force HPSP Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lindseyd25

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all - I am starting as a D1 this fall. I have been looking into programs that will help pay for dental school as the cost of out of state tuition is so high. I am extremely interested in military (not just for financial purposes - both of my parents, several aunts/uncles, and grandfather has been enlisted in the military at some point). I got started a little late, so I am looking at three year programs. I have had bad luck in the fact that three year programs for Navy and Army will go to those on the waitlist for the four year program.

With that being said, my last option is Air Force. However, I do not meet the stats requirements of 19 DAT & 3.6 GPA. Does anyone know if these requirements are flexible? My DAT is 18, my undergrad GPA was 3.42 and Master's GPA is 3.7. If I combine my two DAT scores with the highest score in each subject, I actually do have a 19. Is this sort of thing allowed?

If anyone has any insight, please let me know! I am exhausting all resources. I have reached out to recruiters but still waiting for them to get back to me.

Thank you for anyone that has any more information on this subject!

Members don't see this ad.