Air Force HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amiandi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I am a senior in undergrad looking at becoming a pediatrician in the future. I was thinking of joining the air force for med school, but I need more info/personal opinions. What are the pros and cons? Where can I find more info?

Thanks
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome Amiandi to SDN.

You may want to do a search (upper right hand corner) for "Air Force", "HPSP", and other relevant terms - you should find plenty of good discussions about this topic located here. I'm also sure you will hear from some others who are also looking into the programs. :)

I'd like to echo the previous sentiment. There have been numerous topics regarding the different HPSP programs debated here (both tamely and not so tamely).

Also I'd like to add the most important piece of advice that I received. Do not do it for the money. Do it only if you wish to serve in the military. You can sit down and do the math. You will pay back your student loans, just about everyone does.

Geo