1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Air Force HPSP

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Amiandi, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Amiandi

Amiandi Junior Member

Currently I am a senior in undergrad looking at becoming a pediatrician in the future. I was thinking of joining the air force for med school, but I need more info/personal opinions. What are the pros and cons? Where can I find more info?

Thanks
    :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rdennisjr

rdennisjr SDN Super Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Welcome Amiandi to SDN.

You may want to do a search (upper right hand corner) for "Air Force", "HPSP", and other relevant terms - you should find plenty of good discussions about this topic located here. I'm also sure you will hear from some others who are also looking into the programs. :)

4. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'd like to echo the previous sentiment. There have been numerous topics regarding the different HPSP programs debated here (both tamely and not so tamely).

Also I'd like to add the most important piece of advice that I received. Do not do it for the money. Do it only if you wish to serve in the military. You can sit down and do the math. You will pay back your student loans, just about everyone does.

Geo