SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Air Force HPSP

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Amiandi, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Amiandi

Amiandi Junior Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Currently I am a senior in undergrad looking at becoming a pediatrician in the future. I was thinking of joining the air force for med school, but I need more info/personal opinions. What are the pros and cons? Where can I find more info?

Thanks
    :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. rdennisjr

rdennisjr SDN Super Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Omaha, NE
    Welcome Amiandi to SDN.

You may want to do a search (upper right hand corner) for "Air Force", "HPSP", and other relevant terms - you should find plenty of good discussions about this topic located here. I'm also sure you will hear from some others who are also looking into the programs. :)

4. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient 10+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2000
    I'd like to echo the previous sentiment. There have been numerous topics regarding the different HPSP programs debated here (both tamely and not so tamely).

Also I'd like to add the most important piece of advice that I received. Do not do it for the money. Do it only if you wish to serve in the military. You can sit down and do the math. You will pay back your student loans, just about everyone does.

Geo