Air Force Match

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by AFDuck, Dec 23, 2008.

1. AFDuck

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi everybody, I'm a Med3 AF HPSP student who is trying to figure out the next year of my life and overall there has been very little feedback on this board from people that applied to the AF match this year for PGY1 training. Anybody who was involved this year care to share their experiences with the process? How did ADTs go? How do you think those experiences affected your match results? Did you Interview at all the programs in the field you were applying to even if you didn't rotate at that base? Any thoughts would be great, especially from HPSP students if any of you are out there. Thanks!

2. thegunshow

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    ADT are very important, try to do 2 of them in your specialty of choice at 2 different locations. You can interview at programs you do not rotate at, however it is best to rotate at a location if you interested in it. Everyone I rotated with got what they wanted, so schedule your ADT early and work hard and things will work out.

3. Maurin

Pre-Dental
    Hi friend, I think whatever thegunshow has written above is totally right. I have also the same opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AFDuck

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Does anyone have a copy of the 2008 AF IFB results saved? I'm hoping to compare what was forecasted with what was given out in the match. Please PM me or post it as a reply here if you do. Thanks very much

5. Droopy Snoopy

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AFMS site

6. AFDuck

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unless I am mistaken, that website no longer has the IFB results posted. Generally, I think they take these down after match lists are due from applicants (Octoberish), which is why I was asking if anyone has the IFB pdf file saved from July (I think?) 2008 or the addendum document that may have come out later. Thanks again

7. Droopy Snoopy

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry, you're right. I thought I had this saved, may have to check my old computer. Will PM if I find it.

8. AFDuck

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Bump
    Does anyone have a copy of the 2008 AF IFB results saved? This would've come out in the summer of 2008 and listed the forecasted available training positions for the match that was just completed in 12/08. Thanks!

9. Haplorrhini

Pre-Medical
    Can someone explain the nomenclature on the IFB reports? For instance the difference between spots with def/rdef and spots with actual names of bases?