Air Force Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MS05'

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a flyer from the above which stated that, with no requirments during residency and only one weekend a month as an attending you could join the air force reserve and get $50,000 of your student loans and $14,800 per year of residency! In addition to being allowed to move anywhere (as a practicing attending) that you wanted...

Does this sound correct? I mean, it just sounds too good to be true!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't have an answer to your question...but this has been discussed before several times in the last six or so months...so you may want to do a search.

Think of it as the Air Force buying an insurance policy (your skills). In the event of an accident (wartime), it can file a claim (your butt is deployed to a warzone). It ain't free, everyone has a price on their life and personal freedom. What's yours?

MS05' said:
I just received a flyer from the above which stated that, with no requirments during residency and only one weekend a month as an attending you could join the air force reserve and get $50,000 of your student loans and $14,800 per year of residency! In addition to being allowed to move anywhere (as a practicing attending) that you wanted...

Does this sound correct? I mean, it just sounds too good to be true!!!

think twice before you sign...although the Surg General may not say it; the clinics and tropps are stressed/undermanned/ and people are leaving asap. you will likely be better off without the USAF.