air force scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sxogriff820

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an e-mail today about an Air Force Scholarship that includes a stipend and signing bonus and was wondering if anyone has recently considered it or has experience with it? Or if there is a good thread on this, I haven't found one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Military forum talks about this all the time, just search air force HPSP. I thought about it, if I went to a really expensive school ~50k+ tuition, I may have tried it. Keep in mind when entering programs like this, you have to do the military match, so you really don't have much control over what you match in, or where you match.

Definitely check out the military medicine forum. Start with the stickies. I don't know anything about the OP, but people who consider the military because they randomly got an email probably aren't going to be a good fit.

Military forum talks about this all the time, just search air force HPSP. I thought about it, if I went to a really expensive school ~50k+ tuition, I may have tried it. Keep in mind when entering programs like this, you have to do the military match, so you really don't have much control over what you match in, or where you match.

Bolded isn't really true. The military can make you do an internship in a specialty not of your choosing, but they can't force you to complete a specific residency, or any residency at all, for that matter.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an e-mail today about an Air Force Scholarship that includes a stipend and signing bonus and was wondering if anyone has recently considered it or has experience with it? Or if there is a good thread on this, I haven't found one yet.

Plus you better enjoy, running, situps, pushups, and being constantly pressured to maintain a certain weight.

Plus you better enjoy, running, situps, pushups, and being constantly pressured to maintain a certain weight.
Do you actually know this, or are you just pulling it out of your rear?

Reactions: 1 user
The fitness standards for physicians are the same as for everyone else. I don't find them onerous, but it's not like docs have their own special rules for PFTs.

Hey, I'm a second year medical student who recently accepted the 3-year HPSP scholarship. It took me 6-8 months to make that decision (since I believe decisions like this should not be made lightly). Send me a PM with any questions you might have about the scholarship or the application process. I will give you all the good, bad, and ugly parts of the whole process.

Fly Safe.